• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Upstate/Eastern New York

56 minutes ago, mississaugasnow said:

If were going to have warmth im okay with it in early November. The averages for the first half of November are still in the 40s/50s here so even -5/-10F below normal barely gets us to wet slop while the + departures gets us great early October weather. 

Yeah I definitely agree with you, just hope it doesn't last into December, my favorite winter month. 

cfs-mon_01_z500a_namer_1.png

I know some of you guys were talking about home weather stations over the summer.  Seems like we had some people that had ambient weather stations and then other people taking the plunge on the newer technology with the new Tempest weather station by weatherflow.  Any updates on the performance?  I'd really like to get something set up in my yard before Winter really sets in.  I always wanted a Davis but those things just seem so wildly antiquated at this point, they really havent evolved with the times.  I'm actually leaning towards the new Tempest design but a little skeptical because it hasnt been around long, it's also about twice the price of the ambient.  

5 minutes ago, CNY-LES FREAK said:

Ur now in No. Onondaga County?? Well now you're really gonna start to pull ur hair out, lol, because we're in the nastiest transition zone that there is!!!

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Yeah, I was here last winter too. Trying to find something between Bville and Fulton...Granby area? Fulton itself is "meh" but I like the area just south of there....have looked Northeast in Volney, as they do really well...but not sure I want to commute from there to Bvile.

12 minutes ago, CNY-LES FREAK said:

Ur now in No. Onondaga County?? Well now you're really gonna start to pull ur hair out, lol, because we're in the nastiest transition zone that there is!!!

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

...and I've quickly learned that the bands will sit over Oswego County forever...then shift south and skip over us to hit SW Onondaga County on a NW flow. Pretty much what just happened.

More like northern Oswego, southern Jefferson and Lewis lol Central and southern Oswego county tend to be a transition zone quite often as well..

Most big events in Fulton come in "waves", several different bouts of snow for short periods of time..At least that was my experience there lol

1 minute ago, wolfie09 said:

More thundersnow!!! Twice in 2daya but 0 in 2 years living in Altmar lol

Where exactly do you live now?  When my wife worked in Lacona she made the 30 minute drive from Brewerton every day.  She ran into some incredibly intense squalls.  It took her 3 hours to make the trip one day on I81.

7 minutes ago, wolfie09 said:

Old lady left pulaski at 520 and she still about 20 min away, usually would take about 40-45 min..

• Like 1