• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    PoZitron20
    Newest Member
    PoZitron20

Fall Banter and General Discussion

21 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Yup.  And most of the COVID stuff was Trump not keeping his mouth shut on some of the sound bites.  I honestly think if he just talked less, tweeted less, and didn't seem so contentious about everything he wins in a landslide.

It's not about Biden, this whole election is about Trump.  They could've ran an Alpaca up there for the Dems and it likely would've gotten the similar vote.  

^^^ THIS

16 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

This is the basic answer you hear. You voted for someone because you didn’t like the other person. You didn’t vote for him because he is going to improve your life, your family etc. 

It’s a shame Trump’s personality is what it is, like I said.  A lot of people don’t root for the bully or a**hole.  It is what it is.

1 minute ago, Damage In Tolland said:

He already has financially . That’s first and foremost. 

If Harris wins get ready for $4-5.00 gas prices again just for starters 

You might have made more money because your company did well during the pandemic lol not because he magically handed you dollars while you slept at night. If he did, let me know how you did it so I can join you. 

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, WhitinsvilleWX said:

^^^ THIS

Yeah and that’s why I laugh when people say Trump didn’t divide the nation further.  He literally divided it so much that more than half our population would vote for anything that wasn’t him, even an inanimate object.

It wasn’t policies by any stretch, it’s whenever he opens his mouth or hits a keyboard he loses another voter.

• Like 1

Just now, PhineasC said:

Another interesting thing, I am not seeing anyone in my little online circle gloating or grandstanding about the results so far. Everyone just seems beaten down and sort of in shock. I don't think this thing went the way anyone expected or hoped. 

A bitter close election that will be decided by less than 80K votes in 3 states-similar to 2016.  Not exactly a mandate and likely 4 yrs of gridlock coming up with R's keeping Senate and Dems losing seats in house.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

You might have made more money because your company did well during the pandemic lol not because he magically handed you dollars while you slept at night. If he did, let me know how you did it so I can join you. 

Corporate taxes are a real thing that has a real impact on how much money goes into our pockets versus the government's.

1 minute ago, Brian5671 said:

A bitter close election that will be decided by less than 80K votes in 3 states-similar to 2016.  Not exactly a mandate and likely 4 yrs of gridlock coming up with R's keeping Senate and Dems losing seats in house.

The results in the House and Senate make it pretty clear there is no blue wave or Biden mandate. The people have chosen near-total gridlock. If you were waiting on the new President to sweep in court packing, free healthcare, and expanded statehood, you will be disappointed. 

23 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

I am personally no fan of Biden.  I felt he was among the weakest of the ones the Dems put up.  

It’s amazing the dems havent found a more charismatic and exciting candidate the last two election cycles. It’s clear when they do (Obama/Bill Clinton), they tend to dominate the electoral map.

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

Lower taxes, fewer regulations, stay out of my way...

Got it...generally the same boilerplate, generic Republican positions I hear from most friends and family who lean right.  Curious, which type of regs would you abolish?

I will say that I’m glad Trump avoided getting pulled into any overseas conflicts in his four years. Foreign policy blunders?  Yes, but at least we’re not sending our men and women to fight in a manufactured war.  

• Thanks 1

How did these polling clowns miss the hidden Trump vote again? I think all of us down here on Main Street from both sides of the aisle are aware of this now. These pollsters really have become even more untethered from mainstream reality it would seem. They drank gallons of their own kool-aid. Some of these polls in WI, OH, and FL were way, way off.

• Weenie 1

2 hours ago, CoastalWx said:

Alright well anyways, I do have a question. What are people planning to do for the Holidays? An honest question. 

Spending T-Day with my wife's family in CT.  This will be her dads last T-Day, so we'd like to make it as normal as possible. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

1 hour ago, WhitinsvilleWX said:

I know someone who went last month. Crowds are low. Wait times are generally less than 30 minutes for most stuff. They suspended the fast pass but its really not needed right now.

Only thing that really stinks is there is no dining plan. We usually get the deluxe plan with the 3 sit downs. The way we eat with the 3 sit downs the dining plan is a good deal. They refunded us the money, but we'll probably end up paying a bit more for meals than what the dining plan refund was.

We're staying at the beach Club Villa's

Nice.  I love the Beach Club. Try to get a Sunken Treasure at Hurricane Hannah’s if it is open. The pool there is superb.  

3 hours ago, CoastalWx said:

Alright well anyways, I do have a question. What are people planning to do for the Holidays? An honest question. 

Immediate family only. Usually it’s some aunts uncles great aunts etc... but everyone is breaking off into their own thing.

We have the biggest house, so we are hosting. 

1 hour ago, PhineasC said:

How did these polling clowns miss the hidden Trump vote again? I think all of us down here on Main Street from both sides of the aisle are aware of this now. These pollsters really have become even more untethered from mainstream reality it would seem. They drank gallons of their own kool-aid. Some of these polls in WI, OH, and FL were way, way off.

Nate Silver should be flipping burgers next week. 

You'd figure when the Trump campaign was redirecting ad buys from FL to other states a week before the election that would've raised some red flags with the Biden +5 polling in that state. 

Toilet poll of the election goes to ABC / Wash compost, WI +17 Biden a week before the election. Seriously how is this slop even published or factored into RCP averages?

Once again Trafalgar & Susquehanna blew away the competition

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

When you pay more taxes than Amazon, something is broken

When you pay more federal income taxes in two paychecks than the billionaire President for the year he won the WH, something is wrong. 

• Like 2