Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
2020/2021 Fall/Winter Mountain thread

Met1985

13 minutes ago, BornAgain13 said:

The RAP is showing a solid stripe of 1-3" for almost all of southern/central Virginia. Not sure how accurate it is?? Its showing it consistent run to run

I could definitely see up to a few inches on car tops and in the grass for areas from Roanoke to Gretna to Lynchburg over to Richmond. 

17 minutes ago, BornAgain13 said:

I'm not sure how accurate the RAP is though...

I thought and I could be wrong the HRRR is more widely used now over the RAP. At any rate I think marginal temps for you down your way may prove problematic. The more radiation this evening the better all of us may fare. Right now there’s zero clouds up here and the temp has corresponded by dropping 5 degrees. 

One trend I have seen living here in foothills since about 2000 is snow less winters usually bring about snow less winters and its hard to break the cycle. The winters of 2005-06, 2006-07, and 2007-08 had very little snow as did the winters of 2011-12, 2012-13. Its almost like we alternate 3 year stretches of snowy winters with very little snow. I know there is more that goes into it but it's an interesting trend here over the past 20 years or so. Hopefully we buck that this winter. 

watching the shortwaves with interest. not expecting any change to our previous thoughts, but I'm sitting here in the office in AVL with partly sunny skies overhead, hoping for flurries around midday and maybe a dusting by the time I get home this evening back in Waynesville. 

WxKnurd, my buddy in Balsam says notta so far, i assume the same for you (10:30am). Y'all should experience some worthy snow showers this afternoon. Cat is putting on a decent show all morning on the webcams. 

• Like 2