Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
2020/2021 Fall/Winter Mountain thread

Met1985

1 hour ago, Looking to the skies said:

The continual row of Upper level lows is impressive so far this winter. It has been a spell since we have seen such.  The problem is , of course, LOCATION LOCATION LOCATIOM.  Any hope for us snow lovers in Georgia ( outside of the mountains) ?  

Not at this time.  The cold air will be predominantly in our area and to the north.  Even we are seeing difficult temps around here for snow on the front side of these systems. 

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Maggie Ace said:

The 12Z GFS continues the idea of a possible advisory level event on Monday. Still a lot to iron out the next couple of days, but I believe it's possible that we could see some accumulation even into Asheville and Hendersonville. We'll see what the next couple of days brings. Overrunning events tend to be tricky!

Yep still a decent hit. Snow is snow at this point.  1 to 10 inches we should be happy after last years crap show.

• Like 2

Swain-Haywood-Graham-
407 PM EST Fri Dec 4 2020

This Hazardous Weather Outlook is for the southern mountains of
western North Carolina.

.DAY ONE...Tonight.

Precipitation will change over from rain to snow showers from the
higher elevations down toward the mountain valleys overnight before
ending later in the morning. Light accumulations up to 1 to 2 inches
will be possible, especially at the higher elevations in the Great
Smoky mountains.

1 hour ago, Met1985 said:

The central and southern mountains will benifit from this event nicely especially above 3500 feet.

I like where I’m sitting to see some flakes after midnight though I only expect them to be token ones at this point.  Then early next week for sure has my attention.  Already liking this winter better than last year lol.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, WxKnurd said:

I like where I’m sitting to see some flakes after midnight though I only expect them to be token ones at this point.  Then early next week for sure has my attention.  Already liking this winter better than last year lol.

Yeah really anything tonight is a bonus I think. Next week looks very interesting.  Yes this season so far is much better than this time last year. Still things can go to pot in a hurry. We should all enjoy this currently. 

• Like 1