• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Blue Moon
    Newest Member
    Blue Moon

Hurricane Isaias

4 minutes ago, Hoth said:

Rain is light with these storms, but man is the wind roaring through the trees. I hear branches popping and cracking in all directions.

Half our town will be without power before the main event even arrives...a couple really nice cloud to ground strikes too, wind was impressive

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, psv88 said:

Lost power here on LI from those storms 

Appetizer knocked out power entree may keep it out for a few days.  Good luck!  

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Full moon goon, finally found Weather Channel live stream as I don’t have cable. Lol Cantore getting raked near ILM

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

It’s not.. weenies getting a little carried away in here. Close only counts in horse shoes and hand grenades 

I had a 5th grade teacher who said that a lot (not the weenie part)!

With that said, I think if this were to become a 95mph hurricane, it could be called a “close Category 2”. 

8 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Full moon goon, finally found Weather Channel live stream as I don’t have cable. Lol Cantore getting raked near ILM

Yup been watching him for the last hour...he had to kneel for a while cuz the wind was knocking him off his feet. Pretty impressive. And impressive how this really ramped up this evening...Isaias definitely had the goods lurking under all that shear that was keeping him down the whole time. 

13 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Yup been watching him for the last hour...he had to kneel for a while cuz the wind was knocking him off his feet. Pretty impressive. And impressive how this really ramped up this evening...Isaias definitely had the goods lurking under all that shear that was keeping him down the whole time. 

Should have paid more attention to this, been busy and figured it was a miss, I should have checked the genny and got it ready. Maybe I scramble tomorrow.

4 hours ago, powderfreak said:

I'm trying to figure out why the forum software blocked that out, ha.  What'd your phone auto-correct?

titt ies. doesnt the forum block swear words. shit ****

EDIT: some of them i guess. blocked titt ies for sure. lol

• Weenie 1

How is there like zero coordination here? Am i missing something or is this just ridiculous?

Edit: they responded to me on twitter saying its an old graphic. Although, the timestamp shows they came out at roughly the same time, i figured both were new from the AM shift...either they were using an old graphic and updated the time or its an error and they're correcting it

PQPFStormTotalQPFEventDrivenWeb1_1stevent.png

StormTotalQPF_SFC.png

Capdture.PNG

• Confused 1

Wow on some of these wind gusts.  Depending on models I see 50-60mph up here.  Euro gust product has a core of 80-90mph going through NH.  Don't believe that but this hurricane is going to go down as one of the big boys.   Under hyped in the media.  With such widespread damage and Covid protocols some may be without power for a long time.

Sit back and seatbelts on for me up here.  Hoping for 1" of rain

30 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

That sure looks a tor on radar in northern New Haven county

Lots of tornado warnings ongoing, significant threat with Isaias. Appears some of these are not just your TC spinups either. multiple TOR's overnight with TDS on radar.

7 hours ago, USCAPEWEATHERAF said:

Yeah this is really serious.  I am not talking the EF-0s that are common place nowadays in SNE, lol, but we could be talking stronger tornadoes.  Shear is expected to be awfully strong.

Gulf-stream fueled tornadoes are the worst of all.

6 hours ago, dendrite said:

And a little bit later for the Mainiacs

image.png

I guess it's a little too late to head to Pit2

Really surprised how quiet it is in here... today has the makings to be a wild day.. btw walt drags discussion  in the NYC forum is classic!

29 minutes ago, SRRTA22 said:

weatherwiz must be licking his chops going over the tor threat

looking pretty impressive with nearly 200 J of 3km CAPE being modeled for later