• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
August 2020 General Discussion

2 hours ago, (((Will))) said:

Heard a small bit of thunder last night up here. Other than that we were foggy all day yesterday until just a few hours ago. I was out walking and took a picture near the Italian Hall Tragedy memorial. Very nice out suddenly and it's a really striking memorial.

uq1KQvP.jpgVbeXbSB.jpg

Quaint neighborhood park.  

Deep fog scattered out and the sun made an appearance briefly, now it's thundering nicely south of here.  Feels like it could pour... 68/67 currently.

EDIT: 4:45 it's pouring

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, UMB WX said:

Madison Parched while MKE with a shot to set a new August Record Monthly Precipitation.  

Yeah, we barely got anything last night (nada on the west side) and most of the derecho missed us to the south, too.

Next chance is late this week, with higher severe probs than last night/this morning (when several warnings went out, and some hail was observed).

• Sad 1

I was put under a severe thunderstorm watch just a hour ago:

Issued at 11:20 Wednesday 26 August 2020

Conditions will become favourable for the development of severe thunderstorms beginning in the afternoon.
:arrrg:
Hazard: Wind gusts up to 100 km/h, nickel size hail and locally heavy rain. A tornado is also possible.
Timing: This afternoon and into the evening.

I wouldn't mind a twister spinning away in a field near me this afternoon, I could watch Laura spin at the same time.