• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    WIanBW
    Newest Member
    WIanBW

August 2020 General Discussion

1 hour ago, weatherbo said:

Heard thunder/saw lightening during the night but it stayed south of me.  Morning fog season is here.  It's thick and drippy out.  Hopefully it lifts at some point today.  

Heard a small bit of thunder last night up here. Other than that we were foggy all day yesterday until just a few hours ago. I was out walking and took a picture near the Italian Hall Tragedy memorial. Very nice out suddenly and it's a really striking memorial.

uq1KQvP.jpgVbeXbSB.jpg

• Sad 1

Well, it's been cooler with a lake breeze out of the NE with fog at night and a.m. the last couple days. Hints of early fall near the north shore of the big lake.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, (((Will))) said:

Heard a small bit of thunder last night up here. Other than that we were foggy all day yesterday until just a few hours ago. I was out walking and took a picture near the Italian Hall Tragedy memorial. Very nice out suddenly and it's a really striking memorial.

uq1KQvP.jpgVbeXbSB.jpg

Quaint neighborhood park.  

Deep fog scattered out and the sun made an appearance briefly, now it's thundering nicely south of here.  Feels like it could pour... 68/67 currently.

EDIT: 4:45 it's pouring

• Like 2

Looks like a possibility of tropical remnants getting into the sub next week.  Ohio Valley looks more favored at this time (if it happens).

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Hoosier said:

I think it has rained about 5 drops here since the derecho.

0.47" here on the month, and all but 0.04" of that was on derecho day.

Finally, it's summer again on the north shore of the big lake. Sunny and in the low 80's. Last few days of fog, and low clouds with maybe some sun for a couple hrs in the aftrn was getting old. Felt like Sept had come already.

38 minutes ago, UMB WX said:

Madison Parched while MKE with a shot to set a new August Record Monthly Precipitation.  

Yeah, we barely got anything last night (nada on the west side) and most of the derecho missed us to the south, too.

Next chance is late this week, with higher severe probs than last night/this morning (when several warnings went out, and some hail was observed).

• Sad 1

I was put under a severe thunderstorm watch just a hour ago:

Issued at 11:20 Wednesday 26 August 2020

Conditions will become favourable for the development of severe thunderstorms beginning in the afternoon.
:arrrg:
Hazard: Wind gusts up to 100 km/h, nickel size hail and locally heavy rain. A tornado is also possible.
Timing: This afternoon and into the evening.

I wouldn't mind a twister spinning away in a field near me this afternoon, I could watch Laura spin at the same time. 

There was a sharp temperature gradient today in southern ON. Toronto was feeling like 30C (air temp maybe 25C?) while in Kingston it was 19C. Windsor felt like near 40C.