• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
August 2020 Discussion

Baroclinic Zone

Euro op had it too at 12z. I see 00z was a little more mundane and kept most of the cold in the GLs or north of us. Anyway, point is there’s been multiple runs from models for some sort of fropa during that time. I don’t expect much more than some COC, but we’re getting to that point in the season where the cP airmasses will try to start nosing their way into our latitude with more frequency. The ridge retrogrades a bit to out west which may open the door for some troughs to actually dig in. There’s some persistent relatively lower heights in the SE in the 6-10d as well. Of course BDL will probably have a heat wave during that period since that’s what we do now. 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Euro op had it too at 12z. I see 00z was a little more mundane and kept most of the cold in the GLs or north of us. Anyway, point is there’s been multiple runs from models for some sort of fropa during that time. I don’t expect much more than some COC, but we’re getting to that point in the season where the cP airmasses will try to start nosing their way into our latitude with more frequency. The ridge retrogrades a bit to out west which may open the door for some troughs to actually dig in. There’s some persistent relatively lower heights in the SE in the 6-10d as well. Of course BDL will probably have a heat wave during that period since that’s what we do now. 

Don’t forget the SE ridge. It’s continuing to back west and looks to link up plains ridge. That happens ,, Katy bar the door to a torch fall

1 hour ago, dendrite said:

"Substantial" may have been a poor choice of words. It's not like I'm saying it will be chilly. Getting 850s even a hair below normal from the NW will probably feel substantial. In the end it's probably more of a mild down than this weekend. Of course if the SE ridge decides to really flex that could hang the front up a bit to our NW and it just clears us as a diffuse POS.

I'll be up in Pittsburg this weekend....too cold for swimming? :( 

26 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

His commentary is awful. It actually ruins the fun of the video. I stopped at Jesus Criminey 

His commentary is hilarious, watch the whole video, best straight line winds you will ever see. Or just turn off the volume as you are the sensitive type

30 minutes ago, Chrisrotary12 said:

Wait.......you mean convection doesn't survive the overnight hours?

lol... the caption could also be "Watch as convection peaks in the late evening across NY and W.NNE, and dies off by 3am as the front enters SNE..."

If anything it looks fairly robust in CT for the time of day... that's like 9z/5am with some cells in CT.

2 hours ago, Ginx snewx said:

His commentary is hilarious, watch the whole video, best straight line winds you will ever see. Or just turn off the volume as you are the sensitive type

Different storm, but this is really intense:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1