• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    david121212
    Newest Member
    david121212

July Discobs 2020

Quick peek of latest  Hrrr and it's still has main show in ne Md and east of the bay ...not much action  west of Baltimore . Guess we'll see what pops.  Back to work :D

14 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

Quick peek of latest  Hrrr and it's still has main show in ne Md and east of the bay ...not much action  west of Baltimore . Guess we'll see what pops.  Back to work :D

Sprinkler still sitting in the grass, ready for action.:whistle:

• Haha 3

yeah, the dewpt here briefly hit 78 but the wind must've switched as it's now back in the mid 70s.  Still oppressive as the temp is in the mid 90s.

looking at the Euro, basically looks like wall-to-wall 90s.  We could be getting close to record territory if this goes into next week.

4 hours ago, JakkelWx said:

Very hot July coming up per euro monthly

The ECMWF has a 597 DM ridge stretching from Oklahoma to Ohio 10 days out. If anything it will be even hotter starting mid-July onward. 

yeah this is what is having me worried - if we don't get the slight break this weekend from the coastal low, we're talking weeks of 90s+

12z GFS is pretty wet over the next week, esp I-95 and east. 2-4". Decent hit for eastern areas from the coastal low.

You love to see it- if only it verifies..

• Like 2

today is above the heat threshold.  hopefully we get some bangers moving through.

in other news, finally did old rag last week and glad i did it then as opposed to now.  that hike is legit...straight up (at a decent grade) for 4-5 miles including 1 mile of rock scrambling.  though challenging, it was one of the those hikes where you feel accomplished at the summit.

• Like 1

Getting pounded in Waynesboro , Im not home im over in Charlottesville working so Im not sure how much is in my gauge on the Waynesboro line... The lady sent me pics of hail on her way home and said streets/roads are flooding.....

Not really  expecting anything here imby . I really think 95% of the action will be along i95 and east . DC ne towards Baltimore,  middle river,  Bel Air :raining:

Outflow boundary from the storm in southern Berkeley County just blew through here with 35-40 mph gusts.  Rain looks like a miss though.

It’s frustrating we can’t manage a widespread event, I live between 95 and 81 and it’s been pretty dry, grass is brown. I don’t like a dry summer going into a La Niña fall and winter!!!

1 hour ago, jewell2188 said:

It’s frustrating we can’t manage a widespread event, I live between 95 and 81 and it’s been pretty dry, grass is brown. I don’t like a dry summer going into a La Niña fall and winter!!!

Today's and tonight's radar has been pretty widespread imo actually especially for summer time outside a CU low or tropical . ...and that said late week still in play for widespread impacts. 

1 hour ago, PrinceFrederickWx said:

In just the last six hours:

-I got 5.52” of rain

-Power went out (and is still out)

-Sump pump failed 

-3-year-old son developed Covid-19 symptoms 

Wow.  I’ve measured about 5.5” of rain total since May 1.

Hope your boy feels better very soon.

2 hours ago, PrinceFrederickWx said:

In just the last six hours:

-I got 5.52” of rain

-Power went out (and is still out)

-Sump pump failed 

-3-year-old son developed Covid-19 symptoms 

Oof, hope your sons ok!

After missing out on storms all afternoon and evening I got two rounds last night.  First one at 12am, second 2:30.  JFC did it pour.  2.12" from both.  Rolling thunder for hours.  

Great storms but need them during the day.  

The warn core/cold core/extra-tropical low- whatever it ends up being- is looking less impactful for our region on latest guidance. Looks like it will start to feel the influence of the approaching trough as it gets to our latitude, and keep most of the action offshore. If the Atlantic ridge flexes a bit more or the timing of the trough approach changes a bit, things could get more interesting. The better chance of heavy rain may come with the actual front over the weekend.

28 minutes ago, MN Transplant said:

Feels like a day that the 90 streak will end.  Sitting at 11 at DCA.

Hope we squeak out the 90 today. GOES16 has the southern edge of the low level clouds burning off from S to N. We can do it.

• Like 1