• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    BlckJckKhoWX
    Newest Member
    BlckJckKhoWX

July Discobs 2020

2 minutes ago, Ian said:

97... seems legit. The station near me is wonky imo. was out it's hot but not 102. 

WaPo has run rather close to DCA overall last five. DCA in parentheses after Post numbers.

Fri 97 (96)
Sat 99 (98)
Sun 100 (99)
Mon 99 (99)
Tue 97+ (95+)

1 minute ago, Ian said:

WaPo has run rather close to DCA overall last five. DCA in parentheses after Post numbers.

Fri 97 (96)
Sat 99 (98)
Sun 100 (99)
Mon 99 (99)
Tue 97+ (95+)

Yeah, that's really good.

3 minutes ago, MN Transplant said:

Yeah, that's really good.

DCA tends to find the 10 min of wind off Crystal City it needs most days... occasionally not. It is fairly representative of downtown other than immediate proximity to the river. 

Just now, Ian said:

DCA tends to find the 10 min of wind off Crystal City it needs most days... occasionally not. It is fairly representative of downtown other than immediate proximity to the river. 

That river helps our dews. It also helps our lows. I agree with MN Transplant when we can get that river to 90+ consistently DCA night temps are going to often be in high 70s+

2 minutes ago, Subtropics said:

That river helps our dews. It also helps our lows. I agree with MN Transplant when we can get that river to 90+ consistently DCA night temps are going to often be in high 70s+

yeah for sure. the super high dews are often nearish the water although I think as the bay and ocean warm it expands over more of the region with time. interestingly temperatures are not quite as high as last year, which was a record in the relatively short period of record. https://www.washingtonpost.com/weather/2019/07/23/hot-water-potomac-river-set-record-high-temperature-degrees-recent-heat-wave/

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Ian said:

97... seems legit. The station near me is wonky imo. was out it's hot but not 102. 

my station runs warm in the afternoon - i think it's how the sun hits our building (i'm at 101 rn)

95 for a high so far today

6 minutes ago, pazzo83 said:

my station runs warm in the afternoon - i think it's how the sun hits our building (i'm at 101 rn)

it's pretty hard to site perfectly in a city plus I think many/most home systems are at least prone to excess in temps and precip, esp if not heavily maintained. haven't seen any of the major locations get much past 100 locally so much higher is a little questionable maybe, tho possible on small scales for sure. the post station is on top of a building, like many or most wxbugs... not proper either. 

12 minutes ago, Ian said:

it's pretty hard to site perfectly in a city plus I think many/most home systems are at least prone to excess in temps and precip, esp if not heavily maintained. haven't seen any of the major locations get much past 100 locally so much higher is a little questionable maybe, tho possible on small scales for sure. the post station is on top of a building, like many or most wxbugs... not proper either. 

yeah building rooftops aren't ideal, but i get a pretty good wind reading.   Briefly got a 102/72 reading, so that was pretty brutal.  Back down to 100 flat now.

Just now, nw baltimore wx said:

78 looking over Seneca Lake, NY, right now. Much cooler and breezier fishing on the lake earlier.

We had to escape.

Good for you!! I'm jealous of 1. the temps and 2. all the trips your taking (please kidnap me and take me with you next time)

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

Just now, BlizzardNole said:

94/70 at closest station to me.  Those are some NICE looking storms up in PA.  Can we get some of that?

mayyyyybe ;) 

• Haha 2

Just now, pazzo83 said:

yeah i feel like you guys have a much better shot today.

I'm hugging the shit out of that HRRRRR run. Look at that IMBY. sorry DCers. 

• Like 1

Just now, mappy said:

I'm hugging the shit out of that HRRRRR run. Look at that IMBY. sorry DCers. 

you can have it - i want another run at an 80F low.

• Like 2

the last recorded rainfall we have had up here was the pathetic .07 from that passing tropical storm. I can't even recall when that happened. last week? the week before? honestly it all runs together at this point

Just now, pazzo83 said:

you can have it - i want another run at an 80F low.

thank you! ill root for your 80F low. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, mappy said:

the last recorded rainfall we have had up here was the pathetic .07 from that passing tropical storm. I can't even recall when that happened. last week? the week before? honestly it all runs together at this point

Landfalling TS within 200 miles and barely any rain. Classic. 

• Haha 2

Just now, WxWatcher007 said:

A horrible tease. My acre of land is a dust bowl right now. 

10 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

A cat 5 up the bay should do the trick lol

A cutoff low in the right spot sitting for days would be fun as well throwing convective  after convective bands north and west . A cat 5 wouldn't be bad either :whistle:

33 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

just wait till the repeat during prime season. 

27 minutes ago, Ian said:

just wait till the repeat during prime season. 

The warmer the waters get here, mainly Chessy Bay and Mid Atl SSTs, we are going to get stronger shots when they do come up here.

day 5 in a row of 96+ in DC ... legit. too bad we didn't bridge the gap between heat waves could have helped it look less weak. 

image.png.63b0b4486509422981a8d60cf8594e72.png

• Like 1

Hit 96 here briefly

8 hours ago, mappy said:

Not so sure mini-map needs a late night dip in the pool with her parents. but thanks for the suggestion

That’s old fool ignorance, Ms Mappy. How could I forget the most precious creations of our partnerships.?. The moments alone are indeed few but they pale in comparison to the time spent together as a family. As always....