• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    david121212
    Newest Member
    david121212

July Discobs 2020

0.98” storm total overnight, 6.82” for the month. Pattern has definitely flipped IMBY after a somewhat dry May and June. 

The last time I had a double-digit rainfall month was September 2018- seems like that’s on the table again as a possibility.

A few days ago guidance had mid  upper 90s for Thursday through Saturday.  Meteogram for Westminster now has mid 80s Thurs and 90-91 for Friday/Sat . Guidance now hinting at mid 90s Sunday through early next week.  We'll have to see if that gets muted to.

• Like 1

After a high of 85 yesterday with low dews, looks like another nice day today. Not a 90 in my forecast until Saturday. Looks like the "big heat" will have to wait until next week. 

As of now, early next week looks pretty sultry- probably mid 90s for urban areas with dew points in the 70s.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, PrinceFrederickWx said:

0.98” storm total overnight, 6.82” for the month. Pattern has definitely flipped IMBY after a somewhat dry May and June. 

The last time I had a double-digit rainfall month was September 2018- seems like that’s on the table again as a possibility.

That’s good. I don’t think many areas in central va have gotten 3” yet this month. Glad locations everywhere else are doing better.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, WxUSAF said:

Aside from hot, looks like maybe a stormy pattern starting Friday? 

Looks like a slow moving front that may ultimately stall/dissipate somewhere in the area. Pretty good setup for several rounds of convection.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, pazzo83 said:

so far we are running one degree warmer than yesterday at DCA

still same thru noon.. 86 today. given the similarities of airmass and tons of sun hard to see why it would miss unless we get screwed by it falling into the river. of course thurs looking like a wildcard lately now too. that was once like 102 on the euro and close on the gfs. 

8 minutes ago, Ian said:

still same thru noon.. 86 today. given the similarities of airmass and tons of sun hard to see why it would miss unless we get screwed by it falling into the river. of course thurs looking like a wildcard lately now too. that was once like 102 on the euro and close on the gfs. 

NAM really kicks in the easterly ocean flow on Thursday.

I have to say that the nail-biting and the race to track heat record/heat waves at DCA is a real blast from the past. I am transported back to my Dupont Circle office, rapidly refreshing the DCA obs until they changed as the hour changed. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Beautiful summer day at the park today. This is what summer should feel like. Warm but not oppressively humid and a nice breeze coming from what I would guess is the west. 

• Like 1

PWSs are a tad cooler in Alexandria it seems compared to yesterday at this time, seems like it’s gonna be closer than yesterday.  In related news this is one of the nicest July days you can ask for.  Went running in rock creek this morning and for once wasn’t TOTALLY soaked 2 miles in. 

We got it. (stand by for official word)

• Like 3

Heat and no snow. Maybe the DC football team should be named the Heat Waves. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Tomorrow looks better than today did going in for 90+... Thur probably looks kinda like today/yesterday (edit on temp projections at least, probably cloudier maybe some rain around). If we really want to DC it we fail Thur with an 89. 

16 minutes ago, H2O said:

Good thought, H2O. Our PINJBCTNY football teams often have neither. As always ....

34 minutes ago, H2O said:

They’ll never lose!