• Member Statistics

    15,931
    Total Members
    7,904
    Most Online
    Sarthak Tiwary 1
    Newest Member
    Sarthak Tiwary 1
    Joined
George BM

June Discobs 2020

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, C.A.P.E. said:

Looking at the ensemble guidance, it appears a strong upper ridge with an axis to our west builds at the end of the month into the first few days of July. That would keep us in more of a NW flow, but with the ridge so close, it would likely be at least a bit above normal, but nothing out of the ordinary. Beyond that, the GEFS retros the ridge and we end up with this. Looks kinda familiar. Its pretty far out, but not seeing any strong indications of a prolonged period of excessive heat for our area, and I will gladly take it.

gfs-ens_z500a_namer_65.png

Sounds good to me. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

Sounds good to me. 

Ha we will see how it works out. We almost always go into torch mode for much of July and August.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

Ha we will see how it works out. We almost always go into torch mode for much of July and August.

Today is the first day in the past nine that KOKV has reached 80 degrees. There have been 12 days this month that we have stayed under 80. Not a bad June.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Latest Hrrr looks plenty active for later . Sterling also agrees with good coverage of storms later ...even mentions possible training and wind as a possible severe threat .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hoping the heat being advertised for the weekend happens. Have a birthday to celebrate with some crabs, the pool and family. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, mappy said:

Hoping the heat being advertised for the weekend happens. Have a birthday to celebrate with some crabs, the pool and family. 

That is wonderful, Ms Mappy. Post a picture of the joy, if you can. Also one of the crabs it’s not often I get a chance to see the out of state relatives. As always .....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

86/73 at about 11:30 AM this morning. Should reach the low 90s today. Plenty of opportunities to hit 90 over the next 2 weeks. Year without a summer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like storms are starting to fire.  Two storms just popped to my east in eastern Garrett County - I can hear the distant rumbles of thunder.

Partly sunny and 75/69 here.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, nj2va said:

Looks like storms are starting to fire.  Two storms just popped to my east in eastern Garrett County - I can hear the distant rumbles of thunder.

Partly sunny and 75/69 here.

Will see if it makes it over the mountains. My home area has missed storms these last few days. 87/65 here

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That one that popped out of nowhere in western Montgomery County almost caught my kids out for a walk.  They were moving when they got back LOL.  Made it by two minutes.

Rained pretty hard for a couple minutes with some thunder.  Tiny little cell.

Edit:  severe warned already wow!  Close miss for us for the big stuff.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When are we actually gonna get a real heatwave instead of the ridge going all the way up into Canada and we miss out on the upper 90s?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, JakkelWx said:

When are we actually gonna get a real heatwave instead of the ridge going all the way up into Canada and we miss out on the upper 90s?

Congrats Caribou. Both the snow jack pans heat jackpot on the east coast :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, BlizzardNole said:

Big, severe warned storm weakened and split right as it arrived.  Still enjoying some thunder but not much rain.  Thought is was gonna be a gully washer until the last minute.

Yeah, right there with you.  Missed two rounds so far today.  I think I moved to a bad city for direct thunderstorm hits.  Rain and moderate rumbles.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

These storms will likely fall apart as they move eastward towards the bay this evening. Models have clearly depicted that.There is a bit of ridging(subsidence) behind the departing upper low in eastern areas, plus the energy with the shortwave is moving more north than east. Eastern/NE MD may not see much of anything.

I will be cranking up the sprinkler again by tomorrow lol.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

These storms will likely fall apart as they move eastward towards the bay this evening. Models have clearly depicted that.There is a bit of ridging(subsidence) behind the departing upper low in eastern areas, plus the energy with the shortwave is moving more north than east. Eastern/NE MD may not see much of anything.

I will be cranking up the sprinkler again by tomorrow lol.

looks like they may reach bmore though.  seeing some cells developing.  all that sun earlier set the stage...these are healthy storms.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, 87storms said:

looks like they may reach bmore though.  seeing some cells developing.  all that sun earlier set the stage...these are healthy storms.

Yeah it does look pretty impressive. Models sometimes kill the convection too quickly. If anything makes it here it will be a pleasant surprise.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Scraff said:

Slightly concerned now for downtown Ellicott City. :unsure:

I thought the same thing, I made a post on my weather page about it. Should be moving fast enough to avoid major concern but yes, I noticed the explosive development right over it practically and a little bit of north training with that cell 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Baltimorewx said:

I thought the same thing, I made a post on my weather page about it. Should be moving fast enough to avoid major concern but yes, I noticed the explosive development right over it practically and a little bit of north training with that cell 

Let’s definitely hope that these slide through there with some pace. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Scraff said:

Let’s definitely hope that these slide through there with some pace. 

Flood warnings are up it looks like. Problem is there’s another line segment behind this one that might get EC too. Hope they make it out okay 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

@nw baltimore wx jackpot incoming ...

Again :whistle:

Baltimore looks prime for some heavy rain. 

Been raining for almost 2 strait hours here . Very light past hour but nonstop regardless.  Up to 1.05

Just over an inch from the first batch and some more coming behind it.  Hopefully nothing too heavy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.