Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
June Discussion

RUNNAWAYICEBERG

1 hour ago, CoastalWx said:

It was fairly warm from like the 3-12 or so. Nothing too oppressive except that Saturday where is was quite humid with temps 88-90.

Lack of precip this month has also helped keep it above normal....we almost always have an ugly onshore linger low that keeps us in the 50s a few days....haven't had anything close to that this month.

Just now, ORH_wxman said:

Lack of precip this month has also helped keep it above normal....we almost always have an ugly onshore linger low that keeps us in the 50s a few days....haven't had anything close to that this month.

I feel like the lack of precip and clouds has helped with the radiational cooling, which has been substantial at times to off-set some of the hotter afternoons.  So despite the vibe of plenty of warm afternoons when people are out and about, the nights are getting down there with the dry air masses.  We've also had two periods of highs in the 50s from CAA (beginning of month and last weekend) to off set the mid/upper 80s that came between those, ha.

8 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

I haven't had lows this cool in Mid June since I've been here. We had a few days near 50-51 for a high on like June 1st with rain and NE winds, but mid June and low temps near 50 here are not common. 

40 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Now it's already in the low 80s after waking up cold with every door/window open at 45F this morning. 

At this rate we'll do a 40 degree diurnal change by 1pm, ha.  Yesterday max/min ended up 82/39 for 43 degree change.

Crazy change. Woke up chilly with the windows open and now I'm baking.

1 hour ago, powderfreak said:

I feel like the lack of precip and clouds has helped with the radiational cooling, which has been substantial at times to off-set some of the hotter afternoons.  So despite the vibe of plenty of warm afternoons when people are out and about, the nights are getting down there with the dry air masses.  We've also had two periods of highs in the 50s from CAA (beginning of month and last weekend) to off set the mid/upper 80s that came between those, ha.

Yeah maybe there....around here it has made some colder nights but the daytime highs are still driving the departures slightly positive. We haven't had any of those 52/47 type days yet with onshore flow and drizzle.

1 hour ago, powderfreak said:

Now it's already in the low 80s after waking up cold with every door/window open at 45F this morning. 

At this rate we'll do a 40 degree diurnal change by 1pm, ha.  Yesterday max/min ended up 82/39 for 43 degree change.

Just missed here: 77/38.  Will need mid 80s to make a 40 today and I think we miss by 2-3 degrees.

10 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

The ol' heat on in the car in the morning and then A/C by 11am.

Up to 84F here.  Hot and sunny.  Summer.

My pool is losing water due to evapotranspiration at a rate of .25 a day. Had to add water today. These cold nights dropped the temp to 68 this morning.  I just jumped in after working in the gardens all morning,  felt amazing at 80 air 70 water

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dendrite said:

I liked the 85/35 and 76/29.8 the day before at Estcourt.

In part because the dews are often lower, northern Maine gets some awesome diurnal ranges.  Greatest I've seen without a frontal passage was 86/30 on 5/21/77, the day before CAR hit 96 to tie its all time hottest.  (We were a modest 93/60 that day.) 

Just now, tamarack said:

In part because the dews are often lower, northern Maine gets some awesome diurnal ranges.  Greatest I've seen without a frontal passage was 86/30 on 5/21/77, the day before CAR hit 96 to tie its all time hottest.  (We were a modest 93/60 that day.) 

That's pretty good. I remember an 88/35 at CON once in the mid 90s. I wanna say it was in May.

32 minutes ago, dendrite said:

I liked the 85/35 and 76/29.8 the day before at Estcourt.

85/35 is like my summer dream day.  That’s Colorado mountain town stuff...frosty at night and 80s by day and everyone’s out tubing on a river after having the heat on that morning.

Looks like most of NNE beat BDL for temps today assuming BDL max is 84-85F given highest hourly ob of 84F. 

Even SLK at 1,700ft in the Adirondacks was at 84F for a longer stretch than BDL today.  And SLK had three straight freezes this week, ha, then when it gets hot it torches better than the lower CT River Valley.