• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    dhubbard
    Newest Member
    dhubbard
George BM

April Banter 2020

Damn. I need to check in with my weather / beer drinking peeps in here more often.  My fault! I’ve been doing my part to stay with the times though. :drunk:

7134C1A7-49B2-4F7E-857C-568BBD37F7AA.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1

2 hours ago, leesburg 04 said:

I just had cookies and milk....f*ck it

1 hour ago, H2O said:

One of my kids made cinnamon bites from one of those Pillsbury biscuit cans. 

OMG. Sooooooooo good

You know what, I have one of those cookie doughs in a cans. It's getting made right now.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Eskimo Joe said:

I need some Regular Beer, @Scraff.

Seriously, call your favorite Gburg beer store and tell them you want some Duclaw Regular Beer. Then, let me know which store. I’ll make it happen. B)

11 hours ago, Scraff said:

Damn. I need to check in with my weather / beer drinking peeps in here more often.  My fault! I’ve been doing my part to stay with the times though. :drunk:

7134C1A7-49B2-4F7E-857C-568BBD37F7AA.jpeghem

Is that top shelf really your frig?  It better resembles the Craft Beer section at Wegman's.  Impressive.  See what appears to be some more tucked away in the upper left hand corner.  Is that perhaps your special stash?  

When I lived overseas long ago, we had a refrigerator in our supply room to, ahem...  "store batteries".  (there were a few batteries in it, honest)  On the side of the frig was a "suggestion  box" that had a lid on it with a slot to "put your suggestion".  The slot was actually where you put your mitts to lift the lid to get access to the lever for the tap.  The bottom of the box was open to allow the good times to flow.  The full keg was kept in the fresh food section along with the bottle of CO-2 and regulator.

It took some dexterity to lift the lid and pull the lever with one hand while strategically placing your iced mug under the box so as to not spill any.  We kept the one liter mugs in the freezer section "with the batteries" (to order a one liter Pils in German is ein mas).  The ability to fill one's mug with flawless form and flow was a right to passage on being accepted as part of the crew.  Heaven help you if you spilled any in the process (sacrilegious!) for the condemnation was immediate and with full contempt!  

Over time the "suggestion box" became famous for a multitude of people who lived a worked there plus those who periodically visited. For those who submitted too many suggestions after a hard day, it became infamous.  When we moved the facility from one location to another the new facility kept pestering us to send them the frig and suggestion box.  We held out and made sure the frig was THE last thing to go and that it's departure was with full honors for all those who served before us.  We ensured the keg was emptied with distinction and full pomp and circumstance before it departed (hiccup/burp).  Did you ever think about adding a suggestion box to the side of your frig?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2