Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Fear and loathing April, 2020 discussion, obs, and the occasional derailment

Typhoon Tip

52 minutes ago, wxmanmitch said:

Not sure why people in Maine are complaining! I'd kill for a nice April snow bomb. So jealous. I don't care when it is, but I'm always in snowstorm mode. Besides it'll probably melt within  few days or a week anyways. 

My best hope is for some upslope Thursday night and Friday after the cold rain and possible low topped convection. Maybe I get an inch or two. The NAMmy is up to its usual nonsense of putting out a foot+ of upslope here. 

lol

I do think Jay Peak gets destroyed on the upslope.  Might be able to sneak it far enough south to Mansfield too.

nam-nest-conus-vt-total_snow_10to1-6563200.thumb.png.b4b24fc3a23601da413f74d856ad1185.png

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, MarkO said:

There are a few natural patches in the woods up here (and a solid foot up at Waterville on the hiking trails). But it's looking like we're through mud season and onto spring. Maybe I can squeeze out a couple inches of mashed tomorrow.

I'll be watching Alex's cam the Loon cam,Waterville cam and the PSU plymouth cam.  Snow rain line should be right through your area

• Like 1

I was sharing ski pictures from wildcat on april 22 2007 with my nephew this morning - of course, there will no one to enjoy the bounties this time around - as long as @HIPPYVALLEY can stop himself from promoting it among the flatlanders! ;-))

I need to go to Poland Maine on Friday morning and hoping this is all wrapped up by then. I am going to then drive to NH and spend nite at our camp and thinking I will do a drive around mt. washington given I will have time and daylight.

• Haha 1

Just now, tamarack said:

We've made a down payment for an on-demand generator but it can't be installed until the underground gas line can be dug.  :axe:    Glad the winter wasn't bitter cold - less frost to thaw.

Nice. Waiting on the Euro. Gonna be a game time play for you it seems 

2 minutes ago, tamarack said:

We've made a down payment for an on-demand generator but it can't be installed until the underground gas line can be dug.  :axe:    Glad the winter wasn't bitter cold - less frost to thaw.

Nice.  I don't have any power issues because I live around the corner from a substation but if I ever build a house or move to a rural location, thats one thing I would install first thing.

21 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Just kick back, listen to good music , drink beers and talk about girls and trucks. Not much else you can do.

It wasn't too many years ago you made fun of my like of country music. Glad you came around.  Wish I had seen the ACMAs

1 minute ago, mreaves said:

Nice.  I don't have any power issues because I live around the corner from a substation but if I ever build a house or move to a rural location, thats one thing I would install first thing.

Three homes on our 2000' of dead-end (in winter) road - guess who's tail-end Charlie for power restoration.  (As long as nothing gets wrecked within that 2000', we'll be okay.)

3 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

It wasn't too many years ago you made fun of my like of country music. Glad you came around.  Wish I had seen the ACMAs

This is correct . I have done a full 180. Love it now. Along with my rock, metal and old school rap. But for feel good , beer drinking music.. nothing beats country . And in this current time, it is much needed . We country 

On 3/30/2020 at 3:40 PM, Dr. Dews said:

D9-10 euro had another convective threat ;)

lfg? 

...Southern New England... Secondary surface cyclogenesis will likely be ongoing early Thursday morning across portions of southern New England, with the resulting low continuing to deepen as it moves into Downeast Maine Thursday evening. In addition to the mesoscale forcing provided by this cyclogenesis, the first of the pair of shortwaves mentioned in the synopsis will move into the region during the early afternoon. The better low-level moisture and buoyancy will be displaced farther south, but there is expected to be enough low-level moisture to support modest elevated instability as mid-level temperatures cool and lapse rates steepen. As such, thunderstorms are expected within the warm conveyor as well as along the front. The strong flow aloft will support fast storm motions as well as the potential for a few more organized/stronger storms capable of hail and/or downdrafts strong enough to penetrate the low-level stability to produce damaging wind gusts at the surface.

5 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

This is correct . I have done a full 180. Love it now. Along with my rock, metal and old school rap. But for feel good , beer drinking music.. nothing beats country . And in this current time, it is much needed . We country 

My playlist includes just about everything you describe.  Give Nathaniel Rateliff a try, also check this out

43 minutes ago, MarkO said:

I got a PTZ cam mounted, but need software advice to put it public. Any recommendations from anyone?

Wish I could but I'm so untechy.   Just looking at 12Z Euro.  Splitting hairs but a bit better for you and me.  Here is the weatherbell snow product 10/1.   I don't pay attention to the amount but any trend.  This is including any Friday AM snow too.

Untitled.png