Jump to content
  • Member Statistics

    16,915
    Total Members
    7,904
    Most Online
    seodirect
    Newest Member
    seodirect
    Joined

Coronavirus


Chicago Storm
 Share

Recommended Posts

Just now, dta1984 said:

So the data is false?   I am not talking about the deaths, I linked the site for "reactions" or possible reactions to the vax.

It's intended to drive fear. It's obvious. There is absolutely no context behind the numbers reported on that site. 

I should create a site with all the reports of people who get sick or die after taking Tylenol. It would scare the shit out of you. 

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, WaryWarren said:

Dwight Schrute with another own goal lol

Edit: Weird how the people who are saying that those who wear a mask are afraid of the virus are then so afraid of a vaccine. It's always projection with these people.

https://www.vice.com/en/article/qjpmp7/anti-vaxxers-misuse-federal-data-to-falsely-claim-covid-vaccines-are-dangerous

I actually agree with you here. “Not gonna live in fear” while being scared to take a vaccine doesn’t make any sense.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, WaryWarren said:

Dwight Schrute with another own goal lol

Edit: Weird how the people who are saying that those who wear a mask are afraid of the virus are then so afraid of a vaccine. It's always projection with these people.

https://www.vice.com/en/article/qjpmp7/anti-vaxxers-misuse-federal-data-to-falsely-claim-covid-vaccines-are-dangerous

How is making a personal choice to not take the covid vaccine making one Afraid?  It's a decision.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, dta1984 said:

How is making a personal choice to not take the covid vaccine making one Afraid?  It's a decision.

How does making a personal choice to wear a mask make one “afraid”? It’s a decision.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, OSUmetstud said:

It's intended to drive fear. It's obvious. There is absolutely no context behind the numbers reported on that site. 

I should create a site with all the reports of people who get sick or die after taking Tylenol. It would scare the shit out of you. 

Fair enough,  just looks like it posts reports of possible vaccine reactions. I did state the word Possible in my post.   We know there are people that have the reactions.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, winterwx21 said:

Florida just banned vaccine passports. Imagine having many states with vaccine passports and many states without them, which is looking like a real possibility. Imagine how divided the country will be. This country is already divided enough as it is.

Yeah, and that is why Florida is held in such low regard by most Americans. It should be a business’s choice, no matter what state, not to serve unvaccinated people. Some of these people who are against refusing service to unvaccinated people are the same people saying bakeries should be allowed to refuse to bake a cake for a gay wedding.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, dta1984 said:

How is making a personal choice to not take the covid vaccine making one Afraid?  It's a decision.

The problem here is that you actually believe that you are properly equipped and informed to decide on your relative risk of getting covid complications vs. your relative risk of getting vaccine complications. You are not. Reading that website without proper analysis or context will cause you to overweigh vaccine risk...which is what you've been doing since the jump. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, MJO812 said:

I'm thinking about getting the vaccine in the future.  I'm undecided  right now. 

Have any of you  had bad side effects from the vaccine  and which vaccine did you get ?

Talk to your doctor. This whole site is amateur hour. 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, OSUmetstud said:

That's an anti vax site.

I don't think it's fair to call it an anti vaccine site,  it's just information reported by people and seems to be pulled straight from the cdc.  I agree that the way it is set up without context could easily be used by people to justify an anti vaccine position and to emphasize the adverse reactions. 

I read some of the detailed reports on the bottom and most of the deaths seem to be people at end of lifewho got the vaccine. There was and clear panic attacks/psychogenic seizures too. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, mattb65 said:

I don't think it's fair to call it an anti vaccine site,  it's just information reported by people and seems to be pulled straight from the cdc.  I agree that the way it is set up without context could easily be used by people to justify an anti vaccine position and to emphasize the adverse reactions. 

I read some of the detailed reports on the bottom and most of the deaths seem to be people at end of lifewho got the vaccine. There was and clear panic attacks/psychogenic seizures too. 

Yeah I guess I mean its going to be used for those purposes. The data itself is the data. I would he highly suspicious of the motivations of the people created that site.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, TimB84 said:

Yeah, and that is why Florida is held in such low regard by most Americans. It should be a business’s choice, no matter what state, not to serve unvaccinated people. Some of these people who are against refusing service to unvaccinated people are the same people saying bakeries should be allowed to refuse to bake a cake for a gay wedding.

It's not going to be just Florida though. Lots of other states are drawing up legislation to ban vaccine passports. I just read about Pennsylvania senators working on it right now. It could be a crazy situation where some states have them and some don't.

I completely agree with you that it would be terrible for bakeries to be allowed to refuse to bake a cake for a gay wedding, but I also am against vaccine passports. I don't think people that are not vaccinated should be discriminated against. Anyone that wants to be protected by a vaccine will have that option, so they won't have to worry about the smaller number of people that are not vaccinated. The vaccines are working very well against the variants, and the vaccine companies are saying they can quickly come up with boosters if it appears that there is a variant that's becoming a problem. So I don't think anyone should be forced to get a vaccine to be able to live a normal life. There are people that can't get vaccines for medical reasons. There are also people that take great care of their health through diet and exercise, getting their heart/lungs and immune systems so strong that they're at extremely low risk of getting severe Covid. Those people should not be forced to get a vaccine that they don't need, in my opinion. As long as the amount of virus circulating is fairly low and the health care system is in good shape, there shouldn't be concern about the smaller percentage (maybe it will be something like 25%) of people that choose to not get vaccinated.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, OSUmetstud said:

The problem here is that you actually believe that you are properly equipped and informed to decide on your relative risk of getting covid complications vs. your relative risk of getting vaccine complications. You are not. Reading that website without proper analysis or context will cause you to overweigh vaccine risk...which is what you've been doing since the jump. 

I sure do, along with medical professionals feel being low risk, there is no need to rush to get the vax.   I respect those that chose to get the vax, no problem with that.   

Edit;. I'm sure you're going to say you have medical professionals that say otherwise.  We will just disagree. 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, winterwx21 said:

It's not going to be just Florida though. Lots of other states are drawing up legislation to ban vaccine passports. I just read about Pennsylvania senators working on it right now. It could be a crazy situation where some states have them and some don't.

I completely agree with you that it would be terrible for bakeries to be allowed to refuse to bake a cake for a gay wedding, but I also am against vaccine passports. I don't think people that are not vaccinated should be discriminated against. Anyone that wants to be protected by a vaccine will have that option, so they won't have to worry about the smaller number of people that are not vaccinated. The vaccines are working very well against the variants, and the vaccine companies are saying they can quickly come up with boosters if it appears that there is a variant that's becoming a problem. So I don't think anyone should be forced to get a vaccine to be able to live a normal life. There are people that can't get vaccines for medical reasons. There are also people that take great care of their health through diet and exercise, getting their heart/lungs and immune systems so strong that they're at extremely low risk of getting severe Covid. Those people should not be forced to get a vaccine that they don't need, in my opinion. As long as the amount of virus circulating is fairly low and the health care system is in good shape, there shouldn't be concern about the smaller percentage (maybe it will be something like 25%) of people that choose to not get vaccinated.

PA Gov. Tom Wolf would never sign such a bill if it landed on his desk, so I’m not too worried about that. 
 

With that being said, I would say the majority of people who refuse to get the vaccine have reasons that don’t fall into the categories you mentioned, but I’ll admit I haven’t looked at that data.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, dta1984 said:

So the data is false?   I am not talking about the deaths, I linked the site for "reactions" or possible reactions to the vax.

I glanced at that OpenVAERS link.  They claim they are using the data from VAERS, just in a more user friendly way.  The data itself may not fabricated. 

The one time I tried to use the actual VAERS site, I found it to be pretty clunky.  Was on my phone so not sure if that had anything to do with it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, MJO812 said:

I'm thinking about getting the vaccine in the future.  I'm undecided  right now. 

Have any of you  had bad side effects from the vaccine  and which vaccine did you get ?

I'm undecided too. I was leaning more towards not getting the vaccine, but now I'm more like 50-50. I was concerned about the possibility of a bad allergic reaction, since I have a history of bad allergic reactions. However it's encouraging that the Johnson & Johnson vaccine so far is getting much less allergic reactions. I'm going to talk to my allergist about this. The J & J vaccine also is only 1 dose and tends to have less side effects. It seems like a good vaccine for younger healthy people that are at lower Covid risk. Something to consider.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Hoosier said:

I glanced at that OpenVAERS link.  They claim they are using the data from VAERS, just in a more user friendly way.  The data itself may not fabricated. 

The one time I tried to use the actual VAERS site, I found it to be pretty clunky.  Was on my phone so not sure if that had anything to do with it.

Thanks, that's what I interpreted as well.  Not meant to read too much into it, but we know there are reactions from the vaccine. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Hoosier said:

I glanced at that OpenVAERS link.  They claim they are using the data from VAERS, just in a more user friendly way.  The data itself may not fabricated. 

The one time I tried to use the actual VAERS site, I found it to be pretty clunky.  Was on my phone so not sure if that had anything to do with it.

I dont believe the data is fabricated. I believe that anyone who creates a website like that without context is doing so without good intentions. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, TimB84 said:

Do you ever drive or fly?

I've posted my reasoning for not getting the vaccine.  Not being high risk with high risk individuals being the priority is my number one reason.  Skepticism of a rushed vaccine is second.  I am open to changing my view with time.  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

This is why everyone needs to get vaccinated, these variants are no joke. The brazilian one impacts younger people much more than the originally strain did.

ttps://theprovince.com/sports/hockey/nhl/vancouver-canucks/covid-19-some-canucks-cases-connected-with-brazilian-p-1-variant

That variant has been growing in number in B.C. over the past month and was recently identified as a major driver of an outbreak that originated in Whistler. Some research has shown the P.1 variant is as much as 2.5 times more transmissible than earlier strains of the coronavirus that causes COVID-19.

 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

Over 100 million Americans have now received at least one dose of the coronavirus vaccine as of Friday, marking 39% of the adult population, according to CDC data. 

That's awesome. Proud of our country and the efforts we have made. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

53 minutes ago, TimB84 said:

How does making a personal choice to wear a mask make one “afraid”? It’s a decision.

I don't know about your state, but I haven't been able to go to work, a store, or other business without a mask for probably 10 months.  That part isn't much of a choice.

  • Like 1
  • Weenie 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, dta1984 said:

I don't know about your state, but I haven't been able to go to work, a store, or other business without a mask for probably 10 months.  That part isn't much of a choice.

Truth. But at the same time, doesn’t make a person “afraid”, nor are there many valid reasons to complain about it. (For those who complain, not saying you do.)

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...