George BM

March Banter 2020

Recommended Posts

Just now, nw baltimore wx said:

Wth?  Are these people stupid?

I know we don’t want government to compel behavior, but at some point it has to step in and stop this stuff.  Going to work or a grocery store is one thing.  Gathering en masse to look at trees, as beautiful as they are, is quite a different story.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, jaydreb said:

I know we don’t want government to compel behavior, but at some point it has to step in and stop this stuff.  Going to work or a grocery store is one thing.  Gathering en masse to look at trees, as beautiful as they are, is quite a different story.  

It’s the same reason we have to have moderators here in the winter. B)

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, snowfan said:

Oh and while everyone is home, do the census. When you're done, you may be like.....wait, that was it!?!? 

Open and closed faster than a snow tracking thread!

8 minutes ago, jaydreb said:

I know we don’t want government to compel behavior, but at some point it has to step in and stop this stuff.  Going to work or a grocery store is one thing.  Gathering en masse to look at trees, as beautiful as they are, is quite a different story.  

The patchwork really isn’t helping. A lot of places and people still apparently think coronavirus won’t reach them.

Researchers at Columbia University modeled out what the next few months could look like. If people are asking en masse how long this war will last—5 days in—a lot of places are going to be in trouble as soon as public pressure forces the floodgates open too soon. 

 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hope all those with kids are ready for schools to be out till at least May... DCPS is closed till April 27th at the earliest now. 

Not trying to make fun of any parents or anything... just saying get ready for more staying at home trying to entertain them once school work goes by the wayside

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

I had a doctor appt today (previously scheduled) and we did it by FaceTime. Pretty cool.

They’ll be a lot of innovation that hopefully comes out of this time. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, yoda said:

Hope all those with kids are ready for schools to be out till at least May... DCPS is closed till April 27th at the earliest now. 

Not trying to make fun of any parents or anything... just saying get ready for more staying at home trying to entertain them once school work goes by the wayside

Yep.  I expect schools to be out until next Fall.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Yep.  I expect schools to be out until next Fall.  

I’m not confident about going back in the fall, honestly. Question is whether we do this correctly or we all just get tired of the situation/the economic and social damage becomes too much to bear.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Unfortunately many Americans won't take this virus seriously until it's literally in their living room afflicting their loved ones . Just look at that DC picture above ....of droves of people looking at freakin cherry blossoms and flowers lol.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, NorthArlington101 said:


I’m not confident about going back in the fall, honestly. Question is whether we do this correctly or we all just get tired of the situation/the economic and social damage becomes too much to bear.

I fully expect that we won’t do this correctly.  

I do have some hope that as doctors gain more experience with the virus, medical science will develop some therapeutics that can at least help somewhat.  I also think they will do everything they can to accelerate the timetable for a vaccine, but that’s probably about a year away.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

Hey ...any new brews on tap at your homestead?

Funny that you should ask. I’ve still got an oyster stout that i really like. Dry, coffee tones, chocolate on the nose, and really soft from the oyster liquor.

Also, just going through the Blichmann website because I need some equipment to go with the two 20 gallon brew pots that I got. I’m going to start doing 10 gallon batches so there will be plenty very soon!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, yoda said:

Hope all those with kids are ready for schools to be out till at least May... DCPS is closed till April 27th at the earliest now. 

Not trying to make fun of any parents or anything... just saying get ready for more staying at home trying to entertain them once school work goes by the wayside

At this point i don’t see how schools start up again until the Fall.  I hope that’s not the case, but it doesn’t seem like opening in May makes a whole lot of sense.  And extending school into the summer doesn’t seem likely.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, NorthArlington101 said:


I’m not confident about going back in the fall, honestly. Question is whether we do this correctly or we all just get tired of the situation/the economic and social damage becomes too much to bear.

The economic and social damage is already to much to bear.  My brother is a Restaurant Manager. His life is more or less destroyed.  Not to mention all the people that work for him.  And extrapolate that to the Macro level and it’s devastating.  And psychologically people are going to deteriorate quickly.  We have to go back to normal soon or I’m afraid the damage will be far greater than the damage the virus is causing or will cause. It’s shitty calculation to have to make.  Take Draconian measures to try to slow the virus and save lives.  Or don’t take the measures to save the economy and the lives that will be shattered in the process. Shitty

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This whole thing is scary as heck. I'm 56. I get corona, I will die. Our economy will be shot straight to heck. I dont like the idea of having to relive what my grandparents had to live thru in the Great Depression. I know I wont enjoy Great Depression II.

On the other hand - I am happy to have known all of you. I had a great life in VA with all the snows. No one ever promised that I'd live to see 60, let alone 70 or 80.

The news just keeps getting worse and worse and worse and worse.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, SnowGolfBro said:

The economic and social damage is already to much to bear.  My brother is a Restaurant Manager. His life is more or less destroyed.  Not to mention all the people that work for him.  And extrapolate that to the Macro level and it’s devastating.  And psychologically people are going to deteriorate quickly.  We have to go back to normal soon or I’m afraid the damage will be far greater than the damage the virus is causing or will cause. It’s shitty calculation to have to make.  Take Draconian measures to try to slow the virus and save lives.  Or don’t take the measures to save the economy and the lives that will be shattered in the process. Shitty

Yeah this doggone virus has us caught between a rock and a very dark, very hard place.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jebman said:

This whole thing is scary as heck. I'm 56. I get corona, I will die. Our economy will be shot straight to heck. I dont like the idea of having to relive what my grandparents had to live thru in the Great Depression. I know I wont enjoy Great Depression II.

On the other hand - I am happy to have known all of you. I had a great life in VA with all the snows. No one ever promised that I'd live to see 60, let alone 70 or 80.

The news just keeps getting worse and worse and worse and worse.

For all my years reading your posts, I’d say you would whoop Corona’s ass if you got it.  Stay well Jebman

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, nj2va said:

People think they are invincible. Oh and people are stupid as fck. 

On Thursday evening, I saw guys playing basketball outside in Arlington in a pretty crowded park, sweating like crazy. They do think they're invincible.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Wonderdog said:

On Thursday evening, I saw guys playing basketball outside in Arlington in a pretty crowded park, sweating like crazy. They do think they're invincible.

On my way to wholefoods for their breakfast bar!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At Meadowood park up in Timonium, a few walkers but not a lot yet. I bet yesterday was rocking here though.

check that, the outdoor yoga mom group just showed up lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Baltimorewx said:

At Meadowood park up in Timonium, a few walkers but not a lot yet. I bet yesterday was rocking here though.

check that, the outdoor yoga mom group just showed up lol

I was in timonium yesterday and traffic and pedestrians were a plenty . You'd never know there was a pandemic lol

Yoga moms are ok as long as it's not the midnight at Walmart yoga group :lol:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

I was in timonium yesterday and traffic and pedestrians were a plenty . You'd never know there was a pandemic lol

Yoga moms are ok as long as it's not the midnight at Walmart yoga group :lol:

Yeah it gives me some entertainment while I sit here doing nothing lol

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, nw baltimore wx said:

What are you doing all the way up at Meadowood Park?

eta: besides creeping out yoga moms ;)

Nice park, btw.

I work here part time. Saturday morning shift 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Baltimorewx said:

I work here part time. Saturday morning shift 

Nice. I ride my bike past there frequently (well, not frequently enough) on the way to the hill from hell on Falls Rd. What do you do there?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.