Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
March Banter 2020

George BM

2 hours ago, Baltimorewx said:

Just got a letter from my employer that i have to carry around while driving for work in case I get pulled over, stating to any law enforcement that Im considered "essential". Cool. How about more pay?:P

My ID badge that has my company name on it will be my permission slip if VA gets to the point of NY, CA, IL, etc.

9 minutes ago, Eskimo Joe said:

Right from Hogan's mouth, "no shelter in place".  

He closed "Non essential Businesses"...despite how he wants to twist it or call it, he just did the same thing other states have done. Its basically a "shelter in place" without calling it that. Honestly its all dumb as hell

5 minutes ago, Baltimorewx said:

He closed "Non essential Businesses"...despite how he wants to twist it or call it, he just did the same thing other states have done. Its basically a "shelter in place" without calling it that. Honestly its all dumb as hell

It’s shelter in place without penalties or enforcement apparently from what I’m reading elsewhere.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

It’s shelter in place without penalties or enforcement apparently from what I’m reading elsewhere.

Honestly how can you even 'enforce' It? If you get pulled over all you have to say if your driving around to find grocery stores that have a particular product or you're going to a relatives house who needs care...honestly all the words are just words

5 hours ago, H2O said:

Gonna have to bite the bullet and go to the grocery store today at some point.  Out of milk and OJ and a couple other things.  Hoping the Giant near me has slowly been able to restock stuff.

My wife is out attempting a fresh veggie run right now, hitting up Kingstowne Giant/Safeway by default. She's tried the Alexandria Wegman's a couple times over the past week, at various times of the day, but it's typically picked over with the added bonus of checkout lines extending halfway back into the store.

Just now, vastateofmind said:

My wife is out attempting a fresh veggie run right now, hitting up Kingstowne Giant/Safeway by default. She's tried the Alexandria Wegman's a couple times over the past week, at various times of the day, but it's typically picked over with the added bonus of checkout lines extending halfway back into the store.

Making up my list for Friday. I think I am going to stick to my Local Co-op. We already started milk delivery and they deliver other dairy goods also. 

48 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

correct. Hogan hopes that people will stay home on their own without having to be threatened with arrest

dont be stupid people, stay home

3 minutes ago, mappy said:

ill take your $20. ill email you my address. don't get cocky

by the way folks, make sure you check your information and where its coming from. everyone wants to be first to share, but make sure you trust the source. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

These were natural next steps to take and make sense. As you read the list, you'll see that many, many business types are included in the list of essential. It's too soon to shut down schools for the remainder of the academic year given the 2.5 months remaining on the schedule. That said, I imagine a further delay will be announced after the board mtg tmrw. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, snowfan said:

These were natural next steps to take and make sense. As you read the list, you'll see that many, many business types are included in the list of essential. It's too soon to shut down schools for the remainder of the academic year given the 2.5 months remaining on the schedule. That said, I imagine a further delay will be announced after the board mtg tmrw. 

agreed. Hogan doesn't want to have to arrest people who are going out and being stupid. Its okay to run to the grocery store. its okay to go out on the local trail. Just be smart about it. 

• Like 4

Taking the kids to the condo in Ocean City... in addition to Wet suits..   we all bought those long skateboards and will take turns letting our Great Danes pull us down the boardwalk!   I am gonna milk this WFH thing for all its work :)

6 minutes ago, PDIII said:

Taking the kids to the condo in Ocean City... in addition to Wet suits..   we all bought those long skateboards and will take turns letting our Great Danes pull us down the boardwalk!   I am gonna milk this WFH thing for all its work :)

...isnt Ocean City closed to visitors?

6 minutes ago, mappy said:

...isnt Ocean City closed to visitors?

technically speaking but Im not sure how its going to be enforced...restaurants on the boardwalk are still allowed to do carry out. Guess what you have to do to get to some of those spots? Walk the boardwalk lol.  I suppose police will be asking what their intentions are but still. its all dumb

8 minutes ago, H2O said:

Va closed schools the rest of the year.  Damn.  My son is a senior this year.

That sucks. 

I’m hoping MD doesn’t jump all the way to the rest of the year. Seems not insane to think there’s maybe some hope for May and June at least.

11 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

That sucks. 

I’m hoping MD doesn’t jump all the way to the rest of the year. Seems not insane to think there’s maybe some hope for May and June at least.

I'm betting they'll join VA or at least close through mid-May at earliest... @mappy had tweeted that they are meeting tomorrow to discuss it

• H2O unpinned this topic