• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Binworkin
    Newest Member
    Binworkin

February to Forget Volume 2 - 2020

6 minutes ago, dendrite said:

It’s a special kind of trolling. A+ effort all winter making new avatars daily. He probably complained about the lack of snow to his wife all season and comes here to troll as some form of defense mechanism. Hey, whatever works for him.

He seems to be very confused at times.

22 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Still think it ends up a cold rain up here or at least no appreciable accums. Gene may have to watch out. 

Probably but not far from being a concern for you. Still 70 hrs away. Will be interesting to watch develop. The dynamics are so intense with some .5 per hour qpf rates projected under the best frontogenic forcing. The initial wave is the key and where the dewpoint depressions  set up. If its north even Alex is in danger of heavy rain if it's way south you are solidly in an isothermic dump.

13 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

I’m ready for summer. 100% honest 

Warm weather is so nice. I will enjoy the glory of fine spring days, summer is a long ways away on Feb 24th

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

If it’s dry and warm sure 

If wishes were dishes we would all be fat. Its gonna do what it wants to do. I hope you have today off.  Spectacular day in store will definitely be tanning the nape.

10 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

If it’s dry and warm sure 

I hope it's  cold and damp.. not ready for the heat yet.. I would only want it really hot if it meant  ocean temps warmed enough to bring a major  cane up this summer :weenie:

• Confused 1
  • Weenie 1

5 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

If wishes were dishes we would all be fat. Its gonna do what it wants to do. I hope you have today off.  Spectacular day in store will definitely be tanning the nape.

I actually do. My oldest is going for her license. I’m waiting with her now to take the road test.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ineedsnow said:

I hope it's  cold and damp.. not ready for the heat yet.. I would only want it really hot if it meant  ocean temps warmed enough to bring a major  cane up this summer :weenie:

You also like cold drizzle in the summer , so this doesn’t shock anyone here. 

57 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

To be fair though, does some cat paws in May really save the season? I mean, it’s been wretched. Your statistics even back that up... 8” between 12/20 and now? Yuck... does t get much worse than that.

Most folks got half their snow in an event the first days of December, little since.

I know people are trying to spin this as not so bad because of the early December event but I mean, come on, it’s been awful ever since.

I don’t get the odd need for many to defend this winter, especially south of like hubb and Hippie 

Yeah, I'm not saying that snow in May "saved" the season.  Far from it.  It's just a cautionary tale to anyone calling for no more snow on 2/24.  For a time it might look right and then feel safe when well into April it starts getting hot.  You might even be tempted to even make an early call for the "hottest summer ever" but then a few weeks later the ground is coated with this stuff that you said wouldn't fall any more.

I'm also not spinning anything.  It's been crappy since 12/20 snow wise but the fact is when looked at it's totality we've had warmer and less snowier seasons.  I think we're on to spring and that we'll add to our seasonal snowfall.

5 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

I actually do. My oldest is going for her license. I’m waiting with her now to take the road test.

Goodluck hope she gets it!

5 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

You also like cold drizzle in the summer , so this doesn’t shock anyone here. 

My dream summer!

10 hours ago, powderfreak said:

This is real bad in your area and over to Kev's and southward... for sure.  You guys lucked out in 2015-16 and were still in that pattern of any coastal low will smoke SNE, despite the really bad pattern.

2015-16 was MUCH worse up here by a factor of probably 10, as we didn't have snow on the ground like most of that winter it seemed.  This winter we've kept snow cover for pretty much the entire winter still.

But down by you guys, I have to imagine this one is up there with 2011-12 and 2001-02.  Those winters I think had warmer temps but if it won't snow, that probably makes it better?

This one was actually worse than 2011/2012

There were only 2 events that winter, however they were larger and lead to a greater seasonal snowfall total. 

2001/2002 horrific.

I believe this winter is the 3rd lowest snowfall total in my lifetime (do not have the totals from the 1980s, however using central park as a guide by adding 10% to their totals no winter in the 80s was worse than this).

2015/2016 actually ended up average.

14 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

I wish I was off.  Should be another great sap run today as temps were in the teens this morning.  They've been running great the past few days.

Its a milestone when the kids get their driver license.  Soon after they start leaving the nest.  Bittersweet.

Gorgeous day on tap. 

• Sad 2

9 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Oh boy. 

Man those who wish for cold and drizzle in summer....what happened to you as a child? I feel a lot like Kevin lately which is highly disturbing to admit...but let summer be summer.

55 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Still think it ends up a cold rain up here or at least no appreciable accums. Gene may have to watch out. 

I think this is an all snow event for you. Wedge looks very legit; first significant one in a while. Triple point wedge, with the surface reflection tracking south/east of PSM. I think down to ORH out to the Berks needs to watch this closely as well. I’m now expecting a mess imby. Mostly frozen. Hope I’m wrong though. Ready for spring unless it’s a MECS...

19 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Nice. Its always great when you can say, hey we need something at the store drive down and get it. Lol, man they grow so fast 

7 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Man those who wish for cold and drizzle in summer....what happened to you as a child? I feel a lot like Kevin lately which is highly disturbing to admit...but let summer be summer.

You live near a beach.. I live in the valley of hell.. honestly I would love to live in northern vermont.. by far one of  the best summer climates..  my grandfather use to have a place on this lake in southern Quebec just over the border in Baldwin mills on the south side...  There was a golf course behind his house and if you went to the 13th green could walk into the Untied states.. that's my ideal location!  

Screenshot_20200224-083120_Samsung Internet.jpg

1 minute ago, ineedsnow said:

You live near a beach.. I live in the valley of hell.. honestly I would love to live in northern vermont.. by far one of  the best summer climates..  my grandfather use to have a place on this lake in southern Quebec just over the border in Baldwin mills on the south side...  There was a golf course behind his house and if you went to the 13th green could walk into the Untied states.. that's my ideal location!  

Screenshot_20200224-083120_Samsung Internet.jpg

Just go to the lake Sugarloaf likes to skinny dip in.

43 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

It’s natural . Au natural.. like a nice pair

34 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Nice. Its always great when you can say, hey we need something at the store drive down and get it. Lol, man they grow so fast 

It goes by in the blink of an eye. Working on getting her a car . Just another payment