• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    mansour
    Newest Member
    mansour

Mid to Long Term Discussion 2020

Just now, burrel2 said:

Southern mountains around the NC/SC border look like they're going to get hammered this morning. 

It’s snowing in ne ga right now. Not cold enough to stick but is really coming down lol

• Like 1

Half melted slop hitting my windshield here now. Looks like it's about to really pick up in intensity on radar. Maybe it'll get heavy enough to get a decent burst of flakes down to the ground for an hour or so.

• Like 1

How is it snowing and its dang near 40.....we we talk about snow we always say 32/33 max

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

5 minutes ago, Weatherzim said:

How is it snowing and its dang near 40.....we we talk about snow we always say 32/33 max

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Overcoming boundary layers with rates ftw :lol:  I’ve seen it snow at 40 with a lower dp and a quick downpour ;)

18 minutes ago, Weatherzim said:

Go with wet bulb temperatures.  You need wet bulb temperatures through the atmosphere to be close to freezing or lower  

I've seen snow at temperatures as warm as 43, and sleet as warm as 50.

On 1/29/2020 at 7:55 PM, BullCityWx said:

Boy if I was in Morganton or Marion or even Hickory, I wouldn’t discount this Friday deal yet. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mackerel_sky said:

Yes, even staring down a week of 70s, he’s hyping the big cool down and stormy next weekend, even though models have backed waay off the last few days

Let's not let trivial things like facts and model agreement get in the way of a good time now.

2 hours ago, WarmNose said:

This was yesterday..you could tell he wanted to cry 0308AF25-0522-4464-9AE2-7D96E07997A3.thumb.jpeg.bcf99ccfd5e97694b684c02681098686.jpeg

His twitter handle should be @bigjoebustus .  Honestly feel bad for the guy but, he brings it on himself

• Haha 3

Greenville Co, where I teach, is “monitoring forecasts and roads.” No early dismissal yet. I hope this won’t bite us in the butt, even if road temps are above freezing. I heard Oconee is dismissing early.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, buckeyefan1 said:

Overcoming boundary layers with rates ftw :lol:  I’ve seen it snow at 40 with a lower dp and a quick downpour ;)

Glad to hear you're seeing some! What are you doing in Ft Inn? 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Tigerchick224 said:

Greenville Co, where I teach, is “monitoring forecasts and roads.” No early dismissal yet. I hope this won’t bite us in the butt, even if road temps are above freezing. I heard Oconee is dismissing early.

Pickens dismissing at 11:15. Not sure why, roads just wet, still above freezing. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Iceagewhereartthou said:

Glad to hear you're seeing some! What are you doing in Ft Inn? 

I just moved here a couple weeks ago. I’m close enough for a day trip to the beach or the higher mountains or to see the grandkids :wub:  I have a whole new bucket list of photography to check off :lol:

• Like 1

Just now, buckeyefan1 said:

I just moved here a couple weeks ago. I’m close enough for a day trip to the beach or the higher mountains or to see the grandkids :wub:  I have a whole new bucket list of photography to check off :lol:

Welcome back to the Carolinas!

8am when I got up it was 51...

It is 43 right now with the occasional sleet pellet mixed In the rain, feels like getting cut with tiny ice shards

Sent from my LML212VL using Tapatalk

14 minutes ago, mackerel_sky said:

I’m getting dry slotted!

You need the dry slot so the rain doesn’t wash it away right after :beer:

On 1/27/2020 at 11:13 AM, HKY_WX said:

Saturday STJ wave is the most interesting looking one I've seen this year so far (that's not saying much). The 12z NAM at 84 hours has this system much more cutoff over the southwest. The thicknesses are supportive of snow/rain. Only issue could be the boundary layer conditions being too warm.If we could trend this a bit strong aloft/more cutoff, it would manufacture some cold air. Something to watch.

This worked out. Pattern recognition for the win.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2