Total Members
    Most Online
    Chicago12
    Newest Member
    Chicago12

Panic Room

10 hours ago, The 4 Seasons said:

This winter is Mega Doo Doo

that almost seemed faked...you'd think someone with a communications background has seen, or can say the name Dea-dra 

3 minutes ago, Dr. Dews said:

that almost seemed faked...you'd think someone with a communications background has seen, or can say the name Dea-dra 

Dee-Dee is a common short for Deidre or phonetically prononuced as you said Dea-Dra

Mega Doo Doo may have come from a slip of the tongue from duty and the final part of her name doht, or she just stuttered and said do, and then do again.

Or someone on the teleprompter royally messed up or trolled her with the the prompter.

Impossible to tell. We'll never know i guess.

Either way, it's hilarious

DEE DEE....MEGA DOO DOO I'm sor.....

Poor Dee Dee Mega Doo Doo, she died twice. RIP.

1 hour ago, The 4 Seasons said:

Dee-Dee is a common short for Deidre or phonetically prononuced as you said Dea-Dra

Mega Doo Doo may have come from a slip of the tongue from duty and the final part of her name doht, or she just stuttered and said do, and then do again.

Or someone on the teleprompter royally messed up or trolled her with the the prompter.

Impossible to tell. We'll never know i guess.

Either way, it's hilarious

DEE DEE....MEGA DOO DOO I'm sor.....

Poor Dee Dee Mega Doo Doo, she died twice. RIP.

Ah, had no idea dee dee was short for deidra

I think we can all blame this entire winter on whomever started the first panic room thread in SNE weather history.  Ha This ain't the MA 

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

I think we can all blame this entire winter on whomever started the first panic room thread in SNE weather history.  Ha This ain't the MA 

Hey Steve, you're generally on top of these things. Any idea what that beast up near Iceland got down to?

51 minutes ago, Hoth said:

Hey Steve, you're generally on top of these things. Any idea what that beast up near Iceland got down to?

I see 942 right now but still dropping 

Screenshot_20200214-071217_Chrome.jpg

3 hours ago, The 4 Seasons said:

This is the worst winter since 01-02. And it may end that way.

F this winter. Id take 06-07 or 11-12 any day over this shit.

AAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

:cliff:

:clap:

• Haha 1

I am still waking up early to check the models to see if they show any snowstorms on the horizon. 

What a disaster 

Worst winter ever 

Yeah, this winter is worse than '11-'12 for me, but panic and dismay have passed on to numb acceptance and the eager anticipation of spring.

Anyway, since we're in a panic thread, I'd like to make a suggestion regarding COVID-19 for anyone who takes critical medication manufactured in China (or via a manufacturer who sources chemicals from China). I'd recommend looking into getting an extra prescription now, as supply disruptions may well be in the offing. These Chinese lockdowns show no sign of abating and there is little likelihood of China getting control over coronavirus and returning to work in the coming month or two. You might also consider gradually stocking up on extra essentials, canned food, rice etc., as social isolation may well be coming to the U.S. in the coming months. The military has already initiated their pandemic plan and if the data concerning the bug's virality are close to correct, there is little chance of preventing this from spreading globally. 

• Like 2

If the low solar cycles are to continue for a while, and the PDO is to slowly trend negative, I think there are a lot of El Ninos like this one and the last one to come over the next 10-20 years fo the Northeast. The high solar/high PDO El Ninos will be different, but I don't know that there are that many of them near term.

6 hours ago, NorEastermass128 said:

It was warranted. Lots of weenie despair clogging up the threads. 

The thing I’ve found is even with the panic room(s), despair still finds a way to permeate the other threads. Containment is impossible and if you’re not at least trying to have fun with it, things become miserable around here fast. 

I love winter, but it’s easily the most annoying season to me. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I'd take this one hands down over those three.

Not close.

Do not agree.  

Yea this is with the all timers for here. Even for interior, the lack of snow since early December is remarkable. I know once you get up to where Hunchie lives it’s been better. 

Just now, CoastalWx said:

Yea this is with the all timers for here. Even for interior, the lack of snow since early December is remarkable. I know once you get up to where Hunchie lives it’s been better. 

Still weak sauce

It’s been one of the worst periods on record since New Years around here...the numbers speak for themselves...but I could never rank the overall winter near 2011-2012 or 2001-2002 or even winters like 1994-1995 or 1999-2000....can’t just ignore the snows we had in December with cover nearly the whole month during the holiday season. None of those other seasons had any period like that.  

I’d I lived on the coast where the snow was less and melted pretty quickly then I’d definitely feel different. 

Anyways, hopefully we get a couple bombs to finish the season. 

11 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

It’s been one of the worst periods on record since New Years around here...the numbers speak for themselves...but I could never rank the overall winter near 2011-2012 or 2001-2002 or even winters like 1994-1995 or 1999-2000....can’t just ignore the snows we had in December with cover nearly the whole month during the holiday season. None of those other seasons had any period like that.  

I’d I lived on the coast where the snow was less and melted pretty quickly then I’d definitely feel different. 

Anyways, hopefully we get a couple bombs to finish the season. 

I agree and if you look at it objectively, '02 and '12 were much worse in terms of snow, temperatures, etc.  I'd take this winter over those any day, especially '12 with the warmth that it had.  Going back though, we've had other worse winters but people have short term memories so I'll stick with the last 20 years.

Just now, MetHerb said:

I agree and if you look at it objectively, '02 and '12 were much worse in terms of snow, temperatures, etc.  I'd take this winter over those any day, especially '12 with the warmth that it had.  Going back though, we've had other worse winters but people have short term memories so I'll stick with the last 20 years.

It just depends where you are. 11-12 was worse for snow verbatim, but I can’t think of a combo of warmth and lack of snow since mid December that anyone has seen. If anything your area may be ground zero for anomalously low snow during this stretch.