• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA - Late Dec 2019/Jan 2020

MAG5035

Looks like I won't be enjoying the 1"/hr rates any more.  Green coverage on radar is rapidly disappearing.  Wow, I thought 2" was a lock but now I'm not so sure.  Outside it's still coming down heavily but the flake size has gone back down.  Still definitely 1/2" / hr rates.  Looks like about 1 to 1.2" on the grass now.  Temp holding at 32.5.  For the event so far I haven't "officially" reached freezing yet.   (I don't have a board up since I moved into an apartment back in November.  I'll have to improvise with something soon.  For now I'll just go out and measure it when it's finished.)

Just now, CarlislePaWx said:

Looks like I won't be enjoying the 1"/hr rates any more.  Green coverage on radar is rapidly disappearing.  Wow, I thought 2" was a lock but now I'm not so sure.  Outside it's still coming down heavily but the flake size has gone back down.  Still definitely 1/2" / hr rates.  Looks like about 1 to 1.2" on the grass now.  Temp holding at 32.5.  For the event so far I haven't "officially" reached freezing yet.   (I don't have a board up since I moved into an apartment back in November.  I'll have to improvise with something soon.  For now I'll just go out and measure it when it's finished.)

Seeing some back building out by Cumberland, MD.  Doubt it builds back to 1" rates but something to watch. 

40 minutes ago, Jonesy56 said:

Silver-dollar dendrites in downtown Harrisburg right now. Oh how I missed thee.

Yeah its ripping nicely here in ETown.  Everything is white....roads included.  Thanks to good rates....we overcame :P

edit....the road i can see has caved....

21 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Seeing some back building out by Cumberland, MD.  Doubt it builds back to 1" rates but something to watch. 

Haha, yeah I just looked at radar and surprise, green has suddenly reappeared.  And rates and flake size have picked back up again.  Guess I will reach 2" after all.  Pretty sure I'm up to 1.5" out there now.  Streets remain just wet.  Temp has finally dropped a few tenths, now down to 32.2 as the sun angle wanes for the day.

• Like 1

Just now, TheDreamTraveler said:

Yeah I'm guessing they assumed it wasn't going to snow much and whatever did snow wasn't going to lay.

thats exactly what i heard on news while at lunch....thats when i chuckled and made my beer bet with my lunchmate as i knew we'd be getting a short duration thumping.

He has lost so many bets w/ me over the years (hes a half empty glass kinda guy sometimes).  almost makes it too easy...lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Grass now disappearing which means I've reached 2".  I'm amazed looking at the radar that the green has become stationary over Adams/Cumberland/Perry counties.  Snowing heavily here again and the flake size has gone back up again which means rate is approaching 1"/hr again.  Temp holding at 32.2.  Looking great out there.  Glad to hear many are cashing in with this (not just Cashtown...lol).

38 minutes ago, CarlislePaWx said:

Grass now disappearing which means I've reached 2".  I'm amazed looking at the radar that the green has become stationary over Adams/Cumberland/Perry counties.  Snowing heavily here again and the flake size has gone back up again which means rate is approaching 1"/hr again.  Temp holding at 32.2.  Looking great out there.  Glad to hear many are cashing in with this (not just Cashtown...lol).

I’m def not the jackpot this time.   Never got into the heavy rates that long.   Close to 3” here, but York county should clearly take the cake on this one.   5-6” seems likely 

I just came in from measuring and I was blown away.  4.0" total accumulation so far on average.  The flakes during the past hour were huge and it really began to pile up quickly.  It does look like it's about to really wind down now, but 4" over 5 hours is really great in my book.  Very nice surprise, and it really did look picturesque with the huge flakes slowly making their way down to the ground.  Congrats to all the surprise winners, of which I guess it's looking like I might be included.

Just got home.  Etown definitely had better rates.  They have a whack at 4" IMO.

Here in Akron/Ephrata, we may be at 1.5.  Nowing nicely but we need some thumpin rates in the next 2 hours, but in truth, the Messo's have nailed this one so far wrt accums (base on reports), so if the pivot happens as modeled, we will not see more than 2".  I'm still happy as a lark.  

Happy for all who cashed in.