Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Central PA - Late Dec 2019/Jan 2020

MAG5035

22 minutes ago, pasnownut said:

Just got home.  Etown definitely had better rates.  They have a whack at 4" IMO.

Here in Akron/Ephrata, we may be at 1.5.  Nowing nicely but we need some thumpin rates in the next 2 hours, but in truth, the Messo's have nailed this one so far wrt accums (base on reports), so if the pivot happens as modeled, we will not see more than 2".  I'm still happy as a lark.  

Happy for all who cashed in.

I'm just south of Etown and I am over 4"

Looks like warning-criteria amounts in the southern counties.  I'm sure I've picked up another few tenths since I measured over an hour ago.  It's still coming down lightly.  Big congrats to York breaking the 6" mark which destroyed the forecast for 1 to 3.  Always nice to have a surprise with higher than forecast amounts.

13 minutes ago, daxx said:

Nice! That band earlier really put it down here. It looks like I'll fall just below warning criteria here.  Other parts of York county have over 6 inches.

I'm pretty sure you met the warning criteria.  It's 5" or more in 12 hours for all of the LSV counties.  The low end of the criteria was adjusted down from 6" to 5" about a year ago by CTP just as winter weather advisory was lowered from 3" to 2" minimum.

• Like 1

Just now, CarlislePaWx said:

I'm pretty sure you met the warning criteria.  It's 5" or more in 12 hours for all of the LSV counties.  The low end of the criteria was adjusted down from 6" to 5" about a year ago by CTP just as winter weather advisory was lowered from 3" to 2" minimum.

I didn't know that. I thought it was still 6 inches. Thanks!

12 minutes ago, CarlislePaWx said:

Yep. Probably 3-4 years ago changes were made. 

10 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

5". Some light snow still falling. Almost a March scene with snow falling while it's melting on streets and water is trickling down the spouts.

We have had 3 very small snowfalls here in the Syracuse area this week, and each one has done the same, even up here. We got over an inch of snow from a lake effect snow band last night, and when I woke up, it was mostly melted off the pavement even with temps in the 20s.

36 minutes ago, TugHillMatt said:

We have had 3 very small snowfalls here in the Syracuse area this week, and each one has done the same, even up here. We got over an inch of snow from a lake effect snow band last night, and when I woke up, it was mostly melted off the pavement even with temps in the 20s.

What are you at for the season?

just had both sleds out to check out the work I did on them.  My eyeball says more like 3.5" here as there was plenty under my equipment and not really scratching through.  

then took dog for a walk through the fields to enjoy it a little more.  Good stuff.  Congrats York crew.  Sounds like you are the winners.

• Like 1