Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Wednesday 12/11 SNE Snow Threat

The 4 Seasons

Just now, Ginx snewx said:

It’s very possible you are looking at 6 hr soundings. What happens in between?

I've actually thought about that. 

But IDK...by doing various point-and-click soundings across the state during the overnight through morning it seems like dry air really starts to creep in perhaps as early as late evening...becomes quite apparent I think after 9z. 

2 minutes ago, moneypitmike said:

I have to think this antecedent warmth will limit some of the accumulation.  It's still 50* here.

I think its definitely going to take time to get going especially on the roads. Probably lose our first inch or so that falls just to melting, even on non paved surfaces.

Just now, weatherwiz said:

I've actually thought about that. 

But IDK...by doing various point-and-click soundings across the state during the overnight through morning it seems like dry air really starts to creep in perhaps as early as late evening...becomes quite apparent I think after 9z. 

3 hr accumulation from 12 hrs to 15 to 18 account for most of the gfs accumulation 

Just now, The 4 Seasons said:

That's just that panel though later frames when its snowing aren't so bad. Its still good for most but what ive noticed is the heavy axis of snowfall/banding has shifted 10-20 miles SE every single run for the past 5 runs

hrdps_asnow_neus_fh24_trend.thumb.gif.e47414eba4a97340c34eb9bbcc74f8e2.gif

That's my point. Irratic is an understatement. SW mass from 9" to 1". IMBY 5" to 9" to 2"

• Haha 1