Total Members
    Most Online
    ESNATC
    Newest Member
    ESNATC
WxUSAF

December 11 Frontal Wave Snow Event

6 minutes ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

It’s close right now. Getting the splats on the windshield. Precip is the issue though, as always. Is and looks to be spotty.

Yea..qpf looks too light is right . Definitely not too optimistic for anything more then a 1/2" . If I could beat last weeks .7" that be great but I'll take what I can get .Temp steady falling 36 now

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

Impressive totals. Better get my plow ready.

My expected totals look about as good as yours in Frederick Co!  lol  Still, the question remains how can one say the expected amount is <1" and simultaneously say the chance for >=1" is 61%? 

1 minute ago, WxWatcher007 said:

What’s your bar for this one? Hopefully you can get on the board if you haven’t already.

0”. I feel really good about reaching that :lol:

We has a ground covering once, I think around Nov 10 (ish). Can’t really remember.

Just now, WesternFringe said:

My expected totals look about as good as yours in Frederick Co!  lol  Still, the question remains how can one say the expected amount is <1" and simultaneously say the chance for >=1" is 61%? 

Those probability things are whacked and totally useless.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

We has a ground covering once, I think around Nov 10 (ish). Can’t really remember.

I see. Well, you know where to find me whenever you’re ready to pull the plug on winter.

1 minute ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

Woke up to half an inch on 12/5.  That's my bar and reaching it seems like a stretch at this point unfortunately. Good luck to those up north and east of me!

2 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

Precip lightening up now all rain atm but temps down to 36

Edit...back to mix 60/40 

We're mixing here too. Cold was not the problem with this set up. Darn shame more energy didnt come out with this wave because this could've easily been a nice event.

5 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

I see. Well, you know where to find me whenever you’re ready to pull the plug on winter.

Haha. You know you’ll never get me.

Its going to be a great winter. We just aren’t there yet.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, KAOS said:

Not a good sign when the reaper shows up in the thread. Trolling for early season customers?

I just like to remind folks that there’s a better place if they ever want to unburden themselves from tracking snow. 

I’m pulling for you all though. It’s great to see the excitement in here when an event produces. I think many of you have a good chance tonight. 

10 minutes ago, HighStakes said:

We're mixing here too. Cold was not the problem with this set up. Darn shame more energy didnt come out with this wave because this could've easily been a nice event.

Lack of qpf it appears  but I guess we'll see in the morning  

1 minute ago, psuhoffman said:

It’s snowing here. Way too light to do much though. 

Looks like some enhanced precip rolling north through C VA. I won't flip until close to midnight at the earliest but the northern crew may get into some respectable rates in an hour or so  

15 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

Looks like some enhanced precip rolling north through C VA. I won't flip until close to midnight at the earliest but the northern crew may get into some respectable rates in an hour or so  

Was just thinking that. If that moisture feed holds together my window would be around midnight to get some accumulation. Later tonight 95 could get clipped by the next wave as it pulls out. But the whole thing looks significantly weaker and disorganized compared to 24/48 hours ago. People keep saying “these never work” but they do plenty of times. It seems here the energy split with too much hanging back to get an organized wave. Instead we just have small pulses along the front. Hopefully you guys at least get on the board. So far there has been some accumulation north and south of you. Regardless of what happens here I hope I wake up to reports of some accumulations along 95 from the trailing deathband. 

• Like 1