Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Winter 2020 New England Banter and General Obs

CapturedNature

5 minutes ago, OceanStWx said:

I opted for no clear beers. Hazy for me.

Grabbed Flume^2 from Battery Steele, Weary World Rejoices from Bissell, and Tessellation from Lone Pine. The stockings will be hung by the chimney with care, while lies passed out in his chair...:drunk:

Maine has maybe the best under-hyped craft brew scene in New England.  My niece's boyfriend is head brewer at Foul Mouthed in S Portland.

I loved Hidden Cove when I stopped in back in October.

1 minute ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Maine has maybe the best under-hyped craft brew scene in New England.  My niece's boyfriend is head brewer at Foul Mouthed in S Portland.

I love this description:

MALCONTENT

West Coast-style Double IPA for those with bitterness in their hearts.

• Like 2

I saved it as .gif instead of jpg and it worked okay. Drew the short straw this year, apparently. I'm working 5 night shifts in a row, this being number 3, a view from the office...

One of our business development guys in Mississauga is paying for our dinner so I got some skip the dishes chinese so it's not all bad. 

20191224_192720.gif

• Like 1

Round 1 was 7" or so. Round 2 looks decent on the radar, but it's only supposed to be like another 2-3" but we'll see. The low trended weaker over the past 24-36 hours or so. 

Still 10” isn’t bad. Nice Christmas miracle. That track/trajectory was something though. I bet YYT doesn’t get too many snowstorms from that angle of attack. Funky patterns produce funky storm tracks. Neat.

Just now, Hazey said:

Still 10” isn’t bad. Nice Christmas miracle. That track/trajectory was something though. I bet YYT doesn’t get too many snowstorms from that angle of attack. Funky patterns produce funky storm tracks. Neat.

Yeah, it was basically a clipper/redeveloper/miller b. There's been seen other storms do this in the past, the biggest one in april 99 was a way more intense version of this where a shortwave dove from northern QC to south of NS and exploded then tracked underneath a block south of Newfoundland. 

7 hours ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

As a South Portland resident, I'm proud to say Foulmouthed is one of my favorite breweries / pubs in the area.  They're perfectly under the radar, quietly one of the best brewers in the area.  Cheers!

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, The 4 Seasons said:

My local liquor store sells Apple Mie "Moonshine". I always wanted to try it, it's one of those name brand ones, Ole Smokey, you've probably seen it. Alc% is pretty low too for "moonshine" It's only 70 proof.

applepiemoonshine.JPG.038d864933f388d540e20ff72d3d5cfb.JPG

Yup, Heard of that one and Sugarlands from the show the Moonshiners, The one i have is made with 160 proof but its cut to about 130.............;)