Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Possible Dec 1-3 Winter Storm

Zelocita Weather

1 minute ago, HVSnowLover said:

Yep basically, I don't get the negativity this was never and isn't a big storm for the immediate metro area. Be happy if Monday surprises but it's December 1st with a primary going to the lakes, its great to see any frozen precip.

True. But strange things can happen these days. Snow in Oct. Snow in Nov. And we seem to never get great patterns these days. A few inches would be nice. Statistically, December snow bodes well for the rest of the winter. Though i wouldn't bet the house on it....

Just now, SnoSki14 said:

Continuing to see the closed low trend south on the models.

Makes me think the heaviest banding from the closed low could be near the city and in central NJ. 

Could be some sleet/FRZA with the front end though probably not much otherwise.

Yeah it's not your typical "back end"/changeover snow that rarely materializes.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Ericjcrash said:

Yeah it's not your typical "back end"/changeover snow that rarely materializes.

I think we could see a November 2012 repeat with heavy banding as the closed low slowly moves eastward. 

GFS is a mess at the surface, big shock, but given it's depiction aloft it would really produce for us. 

If current trends continue then I think we see 6-10" for our region from the closed low. 

• Like 1

Just now, SnoSki14 said:

I think we could see a November 2012 repeat with heavy banding as the closed low slowly moves eastward. 

GFS is a mess at the surface, big shock, but given it's depiction aloft it would really produce for us. 

I agree. Definitely too early to bank on it but there should be good banding somewhere reasonably close. Where is still up for debate.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, SnoSki14 said:

If current trends continue then I think we see 6-10" for our region from the closed low. 

Not used to seeing you so bullish, gets my attention...

Anyone remember the Xmas 2002 storm? It was supposed to be mostly rain with more snow in NW areas.  Started off that way, but changed over to snow and  a band stalled over NYC, Long Island and CT,  Ended up with 6-10 in those areas.  That evolution  reminds me of what the CMC is showing.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Amped said:

Anyone remember the Xmas 2002 storm? It was supposed to be mostly rain with more snow in NW areas.  Started off that way, but changed over to snow and  a band stalled over NYC, Long Island and CT,  Ended up with 6-10 in those areas.  That evolution  reminds me of what the CMC is showing.

That wasn't much out my way; a few inches IIRC.

20 minutes ago, Amped said:

That closed low and what rotates around it likely determines how this ends up for most of us. If the south trend and later occluding is real, it could be a nice surprise. They can produce like Xmas 2002 but those are the rare cases.