Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Possible Dec 1-3 Winter Storm

Zelocita Weather

2 minutes ago, Snow88 said:

Gfs ended up colder and has a 10 spot for NYC  LOL

2 minutes ago, Snow88 said:

Wrong 

It is mostly rain but hits NYC at the end with the CCB band, I'm not seeing the 10 inches though?

GFS will be awful with this storm anyway, it always underestimates the low level cold in CAD scenarios

1 minute ago, HVSnowLover said:

It is mostly rain but hits NYC at the end with the CCB band, I'm not seeing the 10 inches though?

GFS will be awful with this storm anyway, it always underestimates the low level cold in CAD scenarios

People are using the grossly inaccurate 10:1 ratio “snow” maps that count sleet as snow. They aren’t even close to reality, it happened all last winter

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, snowman19 said:

People are using the grossly inaccurate 10:1 ratio “snow” maps that count sleet as snow. They aren’t even close to reality, it happened all last winter

I'm seeing about 1-2 inches for NYC on the GFS. Either way it's the GFS, it's not the model I would lean on. It's also playing catchup with this storm. 

10 minutes ago, snowman19 said:

Here you go again denouncing  every storm. What are the reasons why you hate this storm? Nao and AO are favorable .

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, snowman19 said:

I would be shocked if there isn’t a north movement with this storm on the models between now and Saturday’s runs. These secondary coastal transfers always tend to do that as you get close

What's your reason ?  And they dont always trend north. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

30 minutes ago, snowman19 said:

I would be shocked if there isn’t a north movement with this storm on the models between now and Saturday’s runs. These secondary coastal transfers always tend to do that as you get close

Always ? That’s not true.  We all missed your posts the last year .  Glad to have you back.  

• Like 3
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Ericjcrash said:

Yeah but it's a worse setup on the 18z. That one band saves the day.

A closed 500 low should have some backlash precip, that should at least give most of us a period of snow. Those usually aren’t impressive but they can surprise. The key is the closed upper low that rotates moisture all the way around from the north. 

1 hour ago, snowman19 said:

I wasn't sure the last couple of days but now I know it's coming.   Thanks bud. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5
  • Weenie 1