Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Possible Dec 1-3 Winter Storm

Zelocita Weather

11 minutes ago, kingbaus said:

I heard the UKie is showing us the goods.

Why are you asking about it? I thought you gave up on this storm already.

Being 3 days out with the model volatility we've been having I can see that was a wise statement :axe:. Maybe try keeping the emotions in check. It's only beginning of December

• Like 2

Just now, Ericjcrash said:

Yeah, nothing to do with the bathtub to our SE with an onshore flow...

Nothing if the low was just thirty miles east it would bring a foot of snow to the city! Sorry but I would think you would know how weather works by now but I guess you need a :weenie: like me to teach you

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1
  • Weenie 3

Saw a local news station has put out a map already with numbers! Kinda bullish too. This is a mistake IMO this early, especially for the tri-state area.

This is just gonna scare/hype up the GP. Maybe they felt they needed to do it being it's going to impact one of the busiest travel days of the year, idk. It's the numbers on the map thing already I think is unnecessary.

24 minutes ago, Snow88 said:

Euro stalls the coastal low near SNE while the GFS stalls it near the NYC  latitude resulting in a few inches for our area.  SNE is once  again smoked on this run.

One of the things we have going for us in that scenario is the tendency to follow the Gulf Stream. High resolution models will have a better handle on that as we get closer. It’s the difference between a warning event for the coast or just some slushy accumulations 

52 minutes ago, qg_omega said:

Overrunning Sunday is the best chance we have, if it ends up rain that would be disappointing

I don’t see there being any snow with that. The GFS is likely too warm showing all rain but I expect it’ll be primarily sleet.  There could be some snow for about an hour early but that’s all.  I won’t really be confident about Monday til we see the track of the ULL.  The bottom line is any closed ULL that is positioned East or northeast of the area can produce heavy snow and you often won’t get details on it til inside 48 when the RGEM or NAM are inside range 

• Like 4