• Member Statistics

    15,694
    Total Members
    7,904
    Most Online
    snowmaker
    Newest Member
    snowmaker
    Joined
40/70 Benchmark

Monday 12/2 Threat Disco

Recommended Posts

7 minutes ago, dryslot said:

Not as far to west a some of the other guidance has it.

At this point though we can probably put the models on the back burner and just focus on mesoanalysis. The models are hinting extremely well at what will transpire...just some differences into where those results are

You can see where the 850 fronto is beginning to develop and how this will probably orientate and eventually pivot:

 

image.png.f6eef73643086f93c3b34365c0dc0944.png

 

Now 700 will probably start becoming further developed as the system strengthens but you can also start to see where this will be

image.png.de617b4f16475f4c7307b6fec785dfa1.png

 

There are some pretty dang steep mlvl lapse rates too with the H5 low and some pockets of instability so convective elements and convection should continue to fire off the coast...something that's also going to play a big roll. 

Also setting up some great sfc fronto. Once we have all this fronto aligned we'll see a sick band transpire

image.png.056be1169f38ed6a6d34dbb5b3fc27b1.png

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

At this point though we can probably put the models on the back burner and just focus on mesoanalysis. The models are hinting extremely well at what will transpire...just some differences into where those results are

You can see where the 850 fronto is beginning to develop and how this will probably orientate and eventually pivot:

 

image.png.f6eef73643086f93c3b34365c0dc0944.png

 

Now 700 will probably start becoming further developed as the system strengthens but you can also start to see where this will be

image.png.de617b4f16475f4c7307b6fec785dfa1.png

 

There are some pretty dang steep mlvl lapse rates too with the H5 low and some pockets of instability so convective elements and convection should continue to fire off the coast...something that's also going to play a big roll. 

Also setting up some great sfc fronto. Once we have all this fronto aligned we'll see a sick band transpire

image.png.056be1169f38ed6a6d34dbb5b3fc27b1.png

Great analysis Wiz, what are you thinking for the Cape area?  I think the Outer Cape from HYA to Provincetown will likely see 4", but I am confident we could see up to 10" in spots, especially on the outer arm.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

At this point though we can probably put the models on the back burner and just focus on mesoanalysis. The models are hinting extremely well at what will transpire...just some differences into where those results are

You can see where the 850 fronto is beginning to develop and how this will probably orientate and eventually pivot:

 

image.png.f6eef73643086f93c3b34365c0dc0944.png

 

Now 700 will probably start becoming further developed as the system strengthens but you can also start to see where this will be

image.png.de617b4f16475f4c7307b6fec785dfa1.png

 

There are some pretty dang steep mlvl lapse rates too with the H5 low and some pockets of instability so convective elements and convection should continue to fire off the coast...something that's also going to play a big roll. 

Also setting up some great sfc fronto. Once we have all this fronto aligned we'll see a sick band transpire

image.png.056be1169f38ed6a6d34dbb5b3fc27b1.png

image.png.caab0751fee61d22e23dab29120a5954.png

 

I have had the SPC site open all morning, I want to see where the H5 low tracks from there will have a good idea where H7 is going to be plus H85..............

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

At this point though we can probably put the models on the back burner and just focus on mesoanalysis. The models are hinting extremely well at what will transpire...just some differences into where those results are

You can see where the 850 fronto is beginning to develop and how this will probably orientate and eventually pivot:

 

...

Now 700 will probably start becoming further developed as the system strengthens but you can also start to see where this will be

 

...

There are some pretty dang steep mlvl lapse rates too with the H5 low and some pockets of instability so convective elements and convection should continue to fire off the coast...something that's also going to play a big roll. 

Also setting up some great sfc fronto. Once we have all this fronto aligned we'll see a sick band transpire

 

Nice effort but you'll get more replies and sense of it actually being read if you include the 'snowcane' drug ...  So like all that, then say ... " ....means x-y-z snow for a-b-c location" 

Suddenly your analysis is brilliant!

  • Haha 5
  • Weenie 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Nice effort but you'll get more replies and sense of it actually being read if you include the 'snowcane' drug ...  So like all that, then say ... " ....means x-y-z snow for a-b-c location" 

Suddenly your analysis is brilliant!

.....more reads when its under 20 paragraphs, too..

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Weenie 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, USCAPEWEATHERAF said:

Great analysis Wiz, what are you thinking for the Cape area?  I think the Outer Cape from HYA to Provincetown will likely see 4", but I am confident we could see up to 10" in spots, especially on the outer arm.

I could certainly potential for 4-8'' on the Cape if this thing materializes. Should it materialize there is going to be some serious lift to work with. 

9 minutes ago, dryslot said:

I have had the SPC site open all morning, I want to see where the H5 low tracks from there will have a good idea where H7 is going to be plus H85..............

Yeah...what makes it difficult now is it is still rather broad 

9 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Great analysis Wiz. What are you thinking for Southbury CT USA?

Accidents all over 84

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

I could certainly potential for 4-8'' on the Cape if this thing materializes. Should it materialize there is going to be some serious lift to work with. 

Yeah...what makes it difficult now is it is still rather broad 

Accidents all over 84

My interest is where it closes off before it starts to pivot, Where that happens, Is it later/sooner, That's key.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, dryslot said:

My interest is where it closes off before it starts to pivot, That happens later.

That is huge and the biggest question. Seems like this may happen in just enough time to produce the good in E MA up through coastal ME 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Our catalyst is moving off the Delmarva Peninsula and is pivoting north, northeastward up the East Coast.  We had a recent lightning strike observed just east of Atlantic City, NJ

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

That is huge and the biggest question. Seems like this may happen in just enough time to produce the good in E MA up through coastal ME 

 

right over my :weenie: while Ray smokes cirrus ! 

 

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Actually the low off of NJ redevelops SE of the Cape and then bombs out in the GOM before getting "hooked" back in by the ULL. That sfc low/reflection off of NJ is actually progged to drift E/SE and then it gets slingshotted OTS as it almost fujiwaras with the newly developing low.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

HRRR is really hammering the Rt 2 region and S NH with a weenie deformation band that pivots over the area for a while.later tonight. We'll see if that starts to take shape over the next couple of hours.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, DomNH said:

HRRR is really hammering the Rt 2 region and S NH with a weenie deformation band that pivots over the area for a while.later tonight. We'll see if that starts to take shape over the next couple of hours.

Looking upstream and checking out OKX, I'd be shocked if we don't get a good burst at the very least. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Why don’t people post the HRRR when describing it

For the queens

 

 

Dec2_18zHRRR_qpf.png

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.