• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Chicago12
    Newest Member
    Chicago12

October/November 2019 Mid/Long Range

Most have given up on Tuesday's  storm ( frontal passage)but Eps has 35 /50 members give at least a trace to a couple inches for the meat part of the forum.  I'll definitely track till at least Sunday.  I mean....90 hrs out on a delicate setup . 

• Like 4

Just now, losetoa6 said:

Most have given up on Tuesday's storm but Eps has 35 /50 members give at least a trace to a couple inches for the meat part of the forum.  I'll definitely track till at least Sunday.  I mean....90 hrs out on a delicate setup . 

That’s at least a little encouraging.

None of you know what you’re talking about and there’s no women in this forum anywhere because it’s a boys club where outsiders are condescended to. Have a good winter. Move north

• Haha 2
  • Confused 4
  • Weenie 10

4 minutes ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

That’s at least a little encouraging.

Looking at individual members there's a cluster that appear to develope a enhancement of precip on the southern part of the fp or even a wave possibly and bring it through parts of the region . Not a big cluster by any stretch but a signal is there for that possibility 

• Like 1

That weenie emoji I believe has 2 meanings BTW. People should come to their own conclusion in how it’s being used on their posts. :whistle:

• Like 1
  • Weenie 12

1 hour ago, LurkerBoy said:

None of you know what you’re talking about and there’s no women in this forum anywhere because it’s a boys club where outsiders are condescended to. Have a good winter. Move north

Can’t imagine why you would be having problems 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, losetoa6 said:

Most have given up on Tuesday's  storm ( frontal passage)but Eps has 35 /50 members give at least a trace to a couple inches for the meat part of the forum.  I'll definitely track till at least Sunday.  I mean....90 hrs out on a delicate setup . 

Yeah, but you also track in late April, so...

3 hours ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

The Euro was wrong about next week from a distance also. Not sure we can place a lot of hope in any of them at 7+ especially this time of year.

Just like any other year, unfortunately. 

4 hours ago, LurkerBoy said:

Do I address you as LurkerBoy or Lurkerman?   Your profile leaves me confused. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, stormtracker said:

Do I address you as LurkerBoy or Lurkerman?   Your profile leaves me confused. 

Or is it Lurkerweenie?  (relative to the multifaceted interpretation of the weenie avatar) Oh sh*t - that's probably not suitable for those under 21.  

I'm buying that snow shower line or squall that comes through late next Tuesday evening on the 00z ICON :lmao:

Moves SE through DC metro for like 6 hours -- see hours 96 to 105

• Weenie 2

I'm buying that snow shower line or squall that comes through late next Tuesday evening on the 00z ICON :lmao:
Moves SE through DC metro for like 6 hours -- see hours 96 to 105

Verbatim it drops .5” or so. It’s been fairly consistent in showing it too.

18 minutes ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

If the GFS is to be believed our brush with winter is going to be brief

I was looking at the 850 temp anomaly on GEFS toward turkey day....Canada is torch red.  

10 minutes ago, leesburg 04 said:

Would anyone be pissed if we flip back cold mid December? Asking for a friend 

No. Get this ground cold sooner than later.

17 minutes ago, BristowWx said:

I was looking at the 850 temp anomaly on GEFS toward turkey day....Canada is torch red.  

Going to be a winter of ups and downs (balancing act). Visits by the PV and periods of zonal PAC dominated flow. 500mb teleconnections look decent during that period. PAC flow however looks flat into the NW (250 mb jet) which is why you are seeing the AN anomalies across Canada. It happens. I dont think it will be a wall to wall PAC dominated winter like last year.

24 minutes ago, BristowWx said:

EPS disagrees FWIW.  

And Mike Ventrice notes that the Strat vortex will keep getting beat up

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

Going to be a winter of ups and downs (balancing act). Visits by the PV and periods of zonal PAC dominated flow. 500mb teleconnections look decent during that period. PAC flow however looks flat into the NW (250 mb jet) which is why you are seeing the AN anomalies across Canada. It happens. I dont think it will be a wall to wall PAC dominated winter like last year.

Makes sense to me and considering the EPS doesn’t agree is good enough for me. 

19 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

EPS disagrees FWIW.  

And Mike Ventrice notes that the Strat vortex will keep getting beat up

This isnt a horrible look. Much rather see a split PV with elongations and lobes rather than one that is consolidated over the N Pole and causing a persistent zonal flow across the lower 48. This also aids in the increased likelihood for HL blocking.

gfs_z100_nh_f216.png

EPS in the MR has the big blocking ridge over Chukchi(displaced WPO), then it weakens in the LR, and shifts the PNA ridge a bit eastward. EPO looks to trend neutral/positive. AO looks slightly negative, with a neutral NAO(maybe trending more negative at the end). PV looks to remain fairly perturbed as we continue to see TPV lobes rotating down. I am down with that look heading towards the end of the month. Should be generally chilly for the EC if it verifies.

• Like 3

18 hours ago, LurkerBoy said:

Woman, checking in. 

• Like 7