• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    NJRunner
    Newest Member
    NJRunner

September 2019 General Discussion

2 hours ago, SchaumburgStormer said:

Funny enough, my gauge also shows .81” this morning. Back to mowing 3 times a week

Your grass must be on steroids.

17 hours ago, michsnowfreak said:

As the fall color show is in its early stages, I wonder if the warmer than average temperatures will have any effect?

Really going to depend on how persistent it is.  If warmer than average is the dominant trend in the coming weeks, then there will be a deleterious effect.  Also, some areas are still dry lately which could have some impact. 

2 hours ago, Hoosier said:

Really going to depend on how persistent it is.  If warmer than average is the dominant trend in the coming weeks, then there will be a deleterious effect.  Also, some areas are still dry lately which could have some impact. 

Does not look too persistent past this weekend

Moderate drought was popping up in my area as per the latest drought monitor. Not much rain in the forecast for the foreseeable future. 

Currently it’s 87 outside. September a lock to finish above normal once again. 

• Like 1

Rochester, Minnesota just broke the record for wettest year on record and there are still 3.5 months left in the year.  Crazy.

2 minutes ago, madwx said:

Rochester, Minnesota just broke the record for wettest year on record and there are still 3.5 months left in the year.  Crazy.

Now that is impressive.

13 minutes ago, Chambana said:

Moderate drought was popping up in my area as per the latest drought monitor. Not much rain in the forecast for the foreseeable future. 

Currently it’s 87 outside. September a lock to finish above normal once again. 

Looks like much of the sub will finish the month at least a little warmer than average. 

MonthTDeptUS.png.3b1257211f624b400dfcb04b3c57e2df.png

1 hour ago, Hoosier said:

Looks like much of the sub will finish the month at least a little warmer than average. 

damn near coast to coast above average temps. 

Our local highs the last seven days: 73F, 72F, 75F, 72F, 73F, 77F and today hit 78F before the SE breeze kicked in.  Sensing a theme?  It's been a very good September if you like consistent comfortably warm weather.  Dews have been in the 60s more often than not, but when the temperature is largely below 80, being humid is not necessarily a drawback in my book.  One of our local mets chose to call the month 'steamy' on FB (he is from St Louis too) and I had to laugh.  I'm as hot weather intolerant as anyone, but consistent 70s, even with moderate to high humidity, is not steamy unless in the months October to April/May.

• Like 1

I imagine that the farmers in our area are thankful for this dry weather and much above normal temperatures continuing into late September to allow their corn to mature properly. Most fields around here were planted very late.

• Like 2

On 9/19/2019 at 1:59 PM, Hoosier said:

Denver, Colorado is 6.4 degrees above average, 9/1 - 9/19

11 hours ago, IWXwx said:

I imagine that the farmers in our area are thankful for this dry weather and much above normal temperatures continuing into late September to allow their corn to mature properly. Most fields around here were planted very late.

Always thought that this is a wild card that does not get enough attention. A premature frost would have massive global consequences, because the US corn crop is a third of the world total.

• Like 1

CPC has pretty high confidence in warmer than average at 6-10 and 8-14 days.  If that happens (and models/ensembles are certainly supportive) it generally will slow the typical progression of the fall colors over the next couple weeks. 

610temp_new.thumb.gif.0df6a36cb775958b5b061ac3196fe584.gif

814temp_new.thumb.gif.466e6903acf35784c1c706c3f3950822.gif

3 minutes ago, Hoosier said:

CPC has pretty high confidence in warmer than average at 6-10 and 8-14 days.  If that happens (and models/ensembles are certainly supportive) it generally will slow the typical progression of the fall colors over the next couple weeks. 

We had our September in August, so now we're getting our August I guess.  Needless to say I'm looking forward to October.

Picked up 0.02" early this morning.  Looks like 1-2" of rain possible tomorrow through Sunday.

3 hours ago, Hoosier said:

Im enjoying this because September and early October cold is a waste. Same as late February to early April for warmth. 

Right now 10F below average would give me highs in the upper 50s in about a months time 10F below average would give me lower to mid 40s and a chance at early season snow. It happened last year, September was a scorcher and into Canadian Thanksgiving (2nd weekend in October normally) was warm. A quick flip and by late October we had lows in the 20s and occasional snow. 

Edit-Im also a seasonal construction worker so Id prefer the 70s and sun. We are trying to close up as many projects throughout the province of Ontario but every year a few dont make the cut. 

• Like 1

With the rain we've had so far this month, the rain coming this weekend from the remnants of Imelda, and a seemingly wet upcoming 2 weeks, we are well on the road recovering our deficits from late summer and should have a shot of finishing near/above normal precip on the year.

• Like 1