Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Site Performance/Scrolling Issues

Kmlwx

8 minutes ago, Kmlwx said:

Past 24-48 hours I've noticed scrolling is jerky and not smooth on the forum. Have double checked other websites and none are showing a similar problem. Has anybody else been experiencing anything similar?

Having the same problem. I've thought it was my computer being slow until now. Not alone.

Noticing another symptom - weird lines flickering in the grey post headers while the page is loading. Also, while a window with AmWx is open - all other tabs slow to a halt (especially streaming video). Something is sucking system resources with the forum. 

15 hours ago, wxmanmitch said:

It's not just you, I've been noticing these symptoms too on my Macbook using Chrome. The page loads as I scroll down as opposed to loading all at once when I click on the link.

As such, the page is slower to load and gets my computer warm and the fan cranking. Annoying...

Not sure if the admins changed anything...BUT - it does seem improved today. 

I am experiencing it on fully updated Windows 10 machines running the latest updates of 1903. 

Chrome and Firefox both appear to be impacted. I had not noticed the typing lag until tonight. It seemed like it had improved in the past few days but today it is bad. Also noticing significant fan activity on my devices when the site is up on my computer. 

Taking a look at task manager while AmWx is running doesn't provide much help either. No CPU or RAM spikes. Interestingly enough - the site performance seems worse on the two machines I have that are of high specs. It seems okay on my Intel Skull Canyon NUC - but poor performance on my full sized desktop with an i7 CPU and 32GB of RAM. 

3 hours ago, dendrite said:

A little update...

Most of us on staff haven't had issues, but John just checked in and said he's had them and he hasn't been able to figure out the problem yet. "We're working on it" ;)

Awesome thanks! 

I will mention that performance for me in Firefox has improved pretty significantly. Chrome seems as bad (if not worse) as before. Have tried on multiple devices including one with the latest graphics card updates and latest Windows patches. 

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Jonger said:

Horrible performance. This site and Ampol.... they both run like crap. Scrolling on a Samsung S8 and my notebook is abysmal. 

Can we roll this back until a fix is released?

Interestingly enough - mobile is fine for me if I'm using the Chrome browser. But Chrome on the desktop is awful. I wonder if other boards using Invision are impacted.