• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    chrislittlenews
    Newest Member
    chrislittlenews

Wednesday, August 7, 2019 Severe Potential

25 minutes ago, tamarack said:

Augusta managed to reach low 80s despite very little sun, with Td 68, so maybe there's enough juice to bring something other than the 7-10.  Maybe...

Best shot looks into tonight and tomorrow.

On going water rescue (s) going on at Newfound Lake. Towns of Bristol and Alexandria.  Thunderstorm that barely missed me hit the lake.  I had frequent wind gusts over a 10 minute period in the mid 30's so it might have caught some off guard.  Grafton County was not in the Severe Thunderstorm Watch and storm was not warned. 

52 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Up over 1" and still a deluge. 0.44" in 3 mins and b2b 0.17"/min

image.png

Jesus H how is that real lol. Do you have a different rain rate sensor or is that standard?

12 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Jesus H how is that real lol. Do you have a different rain rate sensor or is that standard?

Probably some erroneous tips being recorded. 

31 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

1.31” through the tipper. Just checked the stratus and miraculously measured 1.31” there too. So the half inch in 3-4 mins was real. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Lava Rock said:
15 minutes ago, dryslot said:
Got one coming
31C26F26-EEFB-4380-A2AA-A6E846566F5C.thumb.png.1b866591cb947ba6df2630e12c0bdae0.png

Little thunder, but at least some rn. 0.23" atm

Falling apart but looks like some showers anyways

16 minutes ago, radarman said:

Probably some erroneous tips being recorded. 

Matched the stratus exactly. If anything, I usually miss a few tips in heavy rates with over 1”, but I’ve been meticulously calibrating that tipper. Maybe I missed a few due to splashout, but gained a few because of the wind and it somehow balanced out? No clue. Close enough though.

I will say, I’ve never seen it rain as hard as it did in those few minutes. Lots of minor tree damage around and a few large branches between here and down toward Winnisquam high school.

7 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Matched the stratus exactly. If anything, I usually miss a few tips in heavy rates with over 1”, but I’ve been meticulously calibrating that tipper. Maybe I missed a few due to splashout, but gained a few because of the wind and it somehow balanced out? No clue. Close enough though.

I will say, I’ve never seen it rain as hard as it did in those few minutes. Lots of minor tree damage around and a few large branches between here and down toward Winnisquam high school.

.06"   max wind gust 36mph