• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    NJRunner
    Newest Member
    NJRunner

August Discobs 2019

The 12 z Euro looks decent for some cooler weather after the next few days. Looks like a big change to me .

The cooler weather arrives then it looks to warm up for a few days, but by that time it appears another cooler air mass is building over the Northern Plains getting ready to drop SE.  The West Coast really warms up as we hit the end of the month.    

• Like 1

Severe thunderstorm passed through here and brought down numerous large trees with many others snapped off.  Winds were roaring as it came through.  Numerous roads are blocked.with power lines down.

B835460C-D0CD-4510-A509-3E17D36C9772.jpeg

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, WVclimo said:

Severe thunderstorm passed through here and brought down numerous large trees with many others snapped off.  Winds were roaring as it came through.  Numerous roads are blocked.with power lines down.

B835460C-D0CD-4510-A509-3E17D36C9772.jpeg

you might want to email [email protected] and let them know.  They've been issuing warnings in areas with few people so the information will help with their warning verification.

Wow! Intense storm here. .6" in about 15 minutes and one very intense gust... Estimated at about 50mph+. Best storm of the season and not even warned.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

17 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

I’m in Waynesboro and the broken line passed here with some thunder and some rain but nothing much. Hopefully it impedes for areas east to of here.

eta: and a full, perfect rainbow.

North end of the line is  falling apart . Hope to eek out something. 

Frederick on south looks promising 

Imo, that storm should be warned asap. Still. Heavy rain and very electric storm here and it only appears to be strengthening.

3 minutes ago, poolz1 said:

Imo, that storm should be warned asap. Still. Heavy rain and very electric storm here and it only appears to be strengthening.

It's riding an outflow boundary probably won't last another 30 min, but yea I can see the lightning from New Windsor.

I'm in the dry air behind that big storm in the eastern panhandle.  the lightning is  a m a z i n g.

It's riding an outflow boundary probably won't last another 30 min, but yea I can see the lightning from New Windsor.

Idk...outflow is approaching leesburg. Regardless of duration...it’s certainly producing svr conditions in eastern Washington co/west Frederick co.

Nice little outflow boundary just moved through. Then it got dead silent again.

Tower shooting up near Winfield and Libertytown...just saw two nice bolts of CG.  

14 minutes ago, wxtrix said:

I'm in the dry air behind that big storm in the eastern panhandle.  the lightning is  a m a z i n g.

• Like 7

1 minute ago, MN Transplant said:

A bit surprised at the size/shape of that box.

Yea me too.  I wonder if that's to account for forward propagation along the outflow boundaries?  

Impressive lightning show in the west. Can even hear a few low rumbles of thunder. Hope the rain makes it hear.