Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Big New England heat 7/19-21

weathafella

5 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Honestly I don’t see much of a difference at all looking at 12z 18z nam for Saturday 12z-0z Sunday 

12 Z had a T1 temperature in the average grid of 34 Celsius in now it's only 31 on Saturday ...it's the same on Sunday though

20 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Powderfreak you running the AC in bedroom tonite ?

Turned the wall unit on briefly, but will turn off before going to bed.  

Cooling off, down to 73F along the RT 100 corridor through Mo'Ville, Stowe and Waterbury.  Its mellowed out for sure, a fan or two can get it done now.

b2hvm6d.jpg

• Sad 1

52 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Lol that’s just a walmart family that my real family doesn’t know about. 

That was my guess :-) Although you should clarify , a Walmart ad family. An Actual Walmart customer family is a entirely different animal . 

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Turned the wall unit on briefly, but will turn off before going to bed.  

Cooling off, down to 73F along the RT 100 corridor through Mo'Ville, Stowe and Waterbury.  Its mellowed out for sure, a fan or two can get it done now.

b2hvm6d.jpg

You may wake Up sweating with that 70 degree dew as the moisture comes streaming back in

maybe it’s just me, I run warm all the time . I need about 3400 calories to maintain . I’m like the A.C police . Let em run when it’s dewy

Gfs cooled ...looks to me on Sunday due to clouds and a tad less 850c temps

Gfs ticked down a few  for Ct river valley Saturday and 1 degree for EMA 

dew points also mix out below 70 north of say rte 2 in afternoon and show 71-72 in Pm across Southern SNE for what that’s worth 

sunday is a few cooler as well and now has dews in MID 60’s Sunday afternoon. That’s a very significant downgrade to heat indexes for Sunday on 0z believe it or not. 96/66 instead of 99/72 . Noise ? We hope 

7 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Gfs cooled 

dew points also mix out below 70 north of say rte 2 in afternoon and show 71-72 in Pm across Southern SNE for what that’s worth 

sunday is a few cooler as well and now has dews in MID 60’s Sunday afternoon. That’s a very significant downgrade to heat indexes for Sunday on 0z believe it or not. 96/66 instead of 99/72 

Take em dowwwwn. 

23 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Gfs cooled ...looks to me on Sunday due to clouds and a tad less 850c temps

sunday is a few cooler as well and now has dews in MID 60’s Sunday afternoon. That’s a very significant downgrade to heat indexes for Sunday on 0z believe it or not. 96/66 instead of 99/72 . Noise ? We hope 

Oh bummer for some, But’s it’s the GFS so toss?

It’s noise at this point.   Keep in mind 100 is tough to achieve.  But let’s face it, many of us will be disappointed if we miss in the next 2 days.  Those of you who are heat haters will suffer just as much with 97 vs 100 so we might as well achieve.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, weathafella said:

It’s noise at this point.   Keep in mind 100 is tough to achieve.  But let’s face it, many of us will be disappointed if we miss in the next 2 days.  Those of you who are heat haters will suffer just as much with 97 vs 100 so we might as well achieve.

Was also the DP changes on GFS 

well see what 6z has

6z has 97 Bos with mid upper 60’s Dews during 10-6

I didn’t really see it mentioned but 850 temps for this have ticked down over the last 36hrs...especially up here. For CNE, we went from 21-24C to now mostly 18-21C. It’s still hot, but with the dews it may be enough to keep us in the mid to upper 90s.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dendrite said:

I didn’t really see it mentioned but 850 temps for this have ticked down over the last 36hrs...especially up here. For CNE, we went from 21-24C to now mostly 18-21C. It’s still hot, but with the dews it may be enough to keep us in the mid to upper 90s.

It’s like in a snow storm u track for 5 days then trends 36 hours in just get a little worse not a disaster but won’t be talked about. I see what your saying for CNE/NNE 

SNE hasn’t changed much ...just 97 looks more likely than 100 now 

not certain which models are known for best handles on dews

gfs has ORH-Bos NE as no Big deal w dews below 70 during days but btv wrf has mid 70’s MHT south Today. Upper 60’s Sunday  

• Like 1