• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Hc7
    Newest Member
    Hc7
George BM

April Discobs 2019

It is VERY windy right now in Northern Frederick County at M/D line.  Can't measure gusts b/c I don't have the equipment but I can attest that it is very, very windy with good gusts. Im on the 4th floor of a 5 story building and the windows are shaking and it is wailing.

I think I was too sleepy to realize it when I put my numbers in this am, but yesterdays 46.1 degree high shattered the previous record 'cool minimum' for the day of 53.0 from 1999. That is 7 degrees!!! Records back to 1980 for the date. 

7 hours ago, wxdude64 said:

I think I was too sleepy to realize it when I put my numbers in this am, but yesterdays 46.1 degree high shattered the previous record 'cool minimum' for the day of 53.0 from 1999. That is 7 degrees!!! Records back to 1980 for the date. 

Wow, different world.  I was 68 yesterday.  DCA 69.

14 hours ago, North Balti Zen said:

When the sun popped out midday it went from dreary and wet to spring magic in just a few minutes. With the breeze, a lovely day.

Exact opposite happened here yesterday. Day started partly cloudy and temps warmed into 50's, then it rapidly clouded over in late afternoon and got windy and cold with rain. Temps dropped back into low 40's in about 2 hours. 

54 minutes ago, wxdude64 said:

Exact opposite happened here yesterday. Day started partly cloudy and temps warmed into 50's, then it rapidly clouded over in late afternoon and got windy and cold with rain. Temps dropped back into low 40's in about 2 hours. 

Wow - your climate is another world from here sometimes.

Days like yesterday and today serve as a reminder of why I need to move further north. I want 60+ days like this, in exchange for the 60+ days of miserable hot and humid ones that are inevitable every spring/summer in our subtropical climate.

• Like 2