Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
April Discobs 2019

George BM

On 4/4/2019 at 11:34 AM, North Balti Zen said:

You can stick around. People can and do post in the spring and summer. It was nice to get a day above 60 yesterday, and nice to have a morning that wasn't freezing. I like four seasons. Spring is one of the four I very much like.

#1 Fall, #2 winter, #3 spring, #4 summer.  I'm not a fan of anything over 80.  If at any point we have something tropical threatening the east coast I'll be back in.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, C.A.P.E. said:

Warm. 75.

Its gotten quite dry here. No significant rain in 2 weeks. Dandelion farm doing very well. Chickweed thriving also.

At least my woodland wetland is shrinking.

Agreed, very dry, and dusty here. Went to do some weeding and the ground is a brick. Grass slow to grow, which is fine with me, but the dryness makes it difficult to work in the flower beds. 

Also, I read for those  who use Dimensions and other pre and even post emergents that for the best results you need .50 inches of rain.  My forecast here is not too encouraging for rainfall, it figures it drys up when you really like at least some moisture.  Once the SOI flipped seems the rainfall went poof.   

1 hour ago, C.A.P.E. said:

Warm. 75.

Its gotten quite dry here. No significant rain in 2 weeks. Dandelion farm doing very well. Chickweed thriving also.

At least my woodland wetland is shrinking.

@C.A.P.E.Why is the chickweed doing so well this year, I noticed that as well.  

Another new observations after 20 years here in Middletown, DE is the onion grass is really spreading into a  lot of lawns. I have never seen as much as this year. 

1 hour ago, frd said:

@C.A.P.E.Why is the chickweed doing so well this year, I noticed that as well.  

Another new observations after 20 years here in Middletown, DE is the onion grass is really spreading into a  lot of lawns. I have never seen as much as this year. 

All weeds do well in my yard lol. I am in the woods so I cant keep a healthy lawn to choke anything out. I stopped wasting money on pre-emergents last year. Screw it. I just keep building stuff and adding mulch beds to eliminate my lawn area.

Chickweed usually dies off as the days get warmer and longer, as long as you have a pretty healthy lawn. I have noticed scattered areas of onion grass but nothing unusual. One new thing are these very green, shiny- almost plastic or rubber like, clumps of "grass". Never seen it before. I would be totally happy if it took over though.

Snow starting to mix into the rain now in Denver. Lol. Bring on my BLIZZARD!

eta: starting to rip. Slowly but surely. And I’m drunk. Back to pizza and Trillium beers.

eta x 2. Rippage 

eta x 3 2x Rippage + Denver blizzard drunk. Trillium and pizza for the win! But no road cavage yet...yet.

eta x 4. Heaviest snow I’ve seen all winter and spring. Holy shit!  Calling @Ji @psuhoffman @Bob Chill Effing Denver White Asteroid showers...

Eta x 5. Oh no! DC Dry Slot!  Wtf!?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Scraff said:

eta: starting to rip. Slowly but surely. And I’m drunk. Back to pizza and Trillium beers.

eta x 2. Rippage 

eta x 3 2x Rippage + Denver blizzard drunk. Trillium and pizza for the win! But no road cavage yet...yet.

eta x 4. Heaviest snow I’ve seen all winter and spring. Holy shit!  Calling @Ji @psuhoffman @Bob Chill Effing Denver White Asteroid showers...

You may have to drive NE. Not sure how long the upslope will hang in there. Looks relatively brief. Once that low gets going it probably shuts off.

More importantly, whats going on with the craft beer "conference"? or whatever you are calling it. :lol:

29 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

You may have to drive NE. Not sure how long the upslope will hang in there. Looks relatively brief. Once that low gets going it probably shuts off.

More importantly, whats going on with the craft beer "conference"? or whatever you are calling it. :lol:

Don’t rain on my blizzard parade. Starting to rip again FYI. 

Eta: Craft Brewers Conference is once a year. Like 15,000 craft beer people here in Denver. 

Equals partaaaaaay! And I better get some Pivot action or this is like Epic disaster JI fail stuff. Lol

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Scraff said:

eta x 2. Rippage 

Pics or it didn’t happen. 

1 hour ago, Scraff said:

Don’t rain on my blizzard parade. Starting to rip again FYI. 

Eta: Craft Brewers Conference is once a year. Like 15,000 craft beer people here in Denver. 

Equals partaaaaaay! And I better get some Pivot action or this is like Epic disaster JI fail stuff. Lol

Sounds awesome. Totally jelly. I am currently sipping a GI Bourbon Co Stout.

As for the snow, looks like maybe a few inches and some pretty decent wind there. If I had any interest in chasing an actual blizzard, I would head to eastern SD/W MN. That is the place to be.

6 minutes ago, frd said:

Wow, I wish I were in Denver, winds to 60 mph , 5 t0 10 inches of snow ! 

It wont be that impressive there. Outside shot of 5". Probably more like 3. It will get windy for a time, not likely 60 though. If you want heavy snow and legit blizzard conditions, look a few hundred miles NE.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic