Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
April Discussion

Torch Tiger

On 3/21/2019 at 4:03 PM, Dr. Dews said:

Not quite, Tip. Once the final elevation glop/valley miserydrizzle events are done, it is a mass hibernation and there are maybe 6 posters left in the subforum. 

We April. We Spring.

A new poster who knows what happens to the subforum in the summer... interesting.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, dryslot said:

Yes, I'm done, Looks like the Presque Isle club ended grooming operations last week.

I think I'm done too.  A friend is trying to get me to play hooky tomorrow but I'm ready to move on.  1300 miles this year and yesterday was a pretty nice note to end on.

Resized_20190324_125859.jpeg

• Like 1

Just now, mreaves said:

I think I'm done too.  A friend is trying to get me to play hooky tomorrow but I'm ready to move on.  1300 miles this year and yesterday was a pretty nice note to end on.

Resized_20190324_125859.jpeg

Looks like it stays cool first part of the week, But the weekend looks warm and the trails will be soft, Won't be to great, Nobody will groom if it stays above 32°F, I will start getting ready for fishing season.

Just now, dryslot said:

Looks like it stays cool first part of the week, But the weekend looks warm and the trails will be soft, Won't be to great, Nobody will groom if it stays above 32°F, I will start getting ready for fishing season.

The NEK got absolutely slammed this last storm.  Some groomer reports of 30".  You know what that leads to though, big bumps.  I imagine today and tomorrow will be pretty near perfect as those clubs are still grooming.

Just now, mreaves said:

The NEK got absolutely slammed this last storm.  Some groomer reports of 30".  You know what that leads to though, big bumps.  I imagine today and tomorrow will be pretty near perfect as those clubs are still grooming.

Yeah, You guys did well over there, I'm sure you could still ride during the week if you wanted too, During the week is where its at if you want premium conditions and less traffic, Very few on the trails. Just need to look at who is still grooming, Gets tougher here as i have to trailer further to ride this time of year.

6 minutes ago, dryslot said:

Yeah, You guys did well over there, I'm sure you could still ride during the week if you wanted too, During the week is where its at if you want premium conditions and less traffic, Very few on the trails. Just need to look at who is still grooming, Gets tougher here as i have to trailer further to ride this time of year.

We trailered yesterday but as I was driving past freshly groomed trails at 6:30 I sort of wished I had just left from home.

Presque Isle may be done...but the northern parts(Caribou and north....St. Agatha, Madawaska, Fort Kent, Soldier Pond, St Francis, Allagash) will groom for another couple weeks...they did last year.   But I hear ya....the mindset has changed and we've moved on now.   Looking Forward to Next Season now.

45 minutes ago, dryslot said:

I have to be pretty picky to where i ride with my back issues, I'm not going out to get beat up riding ungroomed trails, And off trail is not an option either.

Oh I agree 100%.   I wouldn't even think of riding trails that aren't groomed anymore.   And I'm not a boon-docker either.  Sounds like you had a decent season..As did I. It's a Great Winter sport/hobby.

Just now, WinterWolf said:

Oh I agree 100%.   I wouldn't even think of riding trails that aren't groomed anymore.   And I'm not a boon-docker either.  Sounds like you had a decent season..As did I. It's a Great Winter sport/hobby.

It was great season no doub't, Yeah, Not into burying the sled to the handlebars and spending countless time packing snow and throwing the sled around off trail..........lol,  Like anything, All good things come to an end.

2 hours ago, WinterWolf said:

Presque Isle may be done...but the northern parts(Caribou and north....St. Agatha, Madawaska, Fort Kent, Soldier Pond, St Francis, Allagash) will groom for another couple weeks...they did last year.   But I hear ya....the mindset has changed and we've moved on now.   Looking Forward to Next Season now.

And fishing season up there starts May 1 on most waters.  A month earlier around here - given the current forecast, I expect the little parking area at the dam in Belgrade Village to be full a week from today.  There's even 10-15 acres of open water thanks to consistent release from the dam; I've seen opening days when a good flycaster in waders (thus 20-30' offshore) could hit the ice in all directions.