Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
NE snow event March 4th

tiger_deF

5 minutes ago, moneypitmike said:

This.  The official forecasts are not reflecting the amplitude of tonight.

I'm certainly not expecting a blockbuster, but I still think I manage to eek out between those numbers...  I def understand the concern regarding spacing and surpression, but I'm feeling this one.

Stay tuned for more!

48 minutes ago, OSUmetstud said:

Im no expert at reading these....but it does seem like the strength of the ridge between the two lows matters a great deal. 

SEN_1_NCEP_MSLP_1.5-4day.gif

I should say that the depth of the march 4th low and the ridging ahead of it are more important than the depth and position of this weekend's low. 

6 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

In fact it's downright been bad at times...it's been wrong more than I've ever seen it be wrong in the past.

It was all over during that January system if I remember right. Up the Hudson, then scraping the south coast, and so on. Not the stable model it once was.

2 minutes ago, Hoth said:

So verbatim those snows would bring me up to average for the season. That would put me in a quandary as far as the grade. Still thinking a D would be reasonable given the total shitshow the core of the season was.

If both of these systems manage to completely screw some area of SNE, say Hamden/North Haven area, there's going to be some epic meltdowns...maybe even suicides....

If they pan out well and im in the 30s for snowfall, id give it a C/C-, they both suck, both misses, an F or D-.