• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cberr1957
    Newest Member
    cberr1957

March Disco

It's not like ern areas are only worried about QPF. It's a temp profile issue too. Trust me, we aren't that much better than western areas. And it's sort of early to rule anything out right now. 

Next week looks like it could also feature a biggie. 

1 minute ago, CoastalWx said:

It's not like ern areas are only worried about QPF. It's a temp profile issue too. Trust me, we aren't that much better than western areas. And it's sort of early to rule anything out right now. 

Just now, CoastalWx said:

Yeah FV3 sh*tshow model brought 18-24" up here but half of that was upslope.  

You just climo wise nod your head at E.Mass to coastal Maine for bigger impacts in this set-up.  Run that situation 100 times on a model and E.Mass "wins" it many more than any other region. 

Still fun to have something to track...or have a reason to look at the models.

36 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

People just can't wrap their minds around how perilously close it is to a big hit. I agree that it probably isn't happening, but that isn't the point.

Count not agree with  you more.  Folks instantly make a jump to "there is no way this is happening or show me a model that calls for a region-wide blizzard" when the statement is just about how meteorologically close this is to a remember-able bomb event!   Will it happen, probably not and yes eastern areas are closer to trouble than western areas, but the atmospheric setup is only a hair off from being a truly wild event.  Again, I am not calling for it, but I can certainly appreciate the closeness of the pattern to a nasty event. 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Yeah FV3 sh*tshow model brought 18-24" up here but half of that was upslope.  

You just climo wise nod your head at E.Mass to coastal Maine for bigger impacts in this set-up.  Run that situation 100 times on a model and E.Mass "wins" it many more than any other region. 

Still fun to have something to track...or have a reason to look at the models.

Either way, looks good for upslope in some shape or form there. Big closed low to the northeast eventually.

7 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Either way, looks good for upslope in some shape or form there. Big closed low to the northeast eventually.

We're all on edge over the Mansfield stake at 3k....what will that reading be in 5 days? 

• Haha 2

20 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

We're all on edge over the Mansfield stake at 3k....what will that reading be in 5 days? 

Personally it’s the parking lot snow images that get my mojo going. 

Euro may try and flash thursday night/Friday morning to heavy snow. 

33 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Ha you clowns.  I'm on my way to Florida until Friday.  Can't give you Stake updates till then.  Maybe even a parking lot photo of an upslope blizzard.

Just now, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Given he made that post at 10 after ....this week potentially 

Lol...I keep forgetting that everything is an hour later now due to DST...my mistake.  I was still thinking the Euro came out an hour ago.

2 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Ha you clowns.  I'm on my way to Florida until Friday.  Can't give you Stake updates till then.  Maybe even a parking lot photo of an upslope blizzard.

I’m supposed to fly out of Hartford to go to Florida on Friday morning myself. Can’t this storm just wait till im gone? Ugh.

3 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Euro may try and flash thursday night/Friday morning to heavy snow. 

Synoptically is there room for significant improvement 

3 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Boy that could be several inches of paste in the higher elevations of central mass 

Just a hair away from being a huge storm for a lot of SNE. Trended nicely this run but need that lakes energy in there just a smidge sooner to really pop this thing about 100 miles south. 

But yeah, even this solution gets pretty interesting for interior elevations. 

29 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Hold your breath, I'll be back on Friday for the update :lol:.  

I know you guys joke, but still the 2nd deepest depth on record as of yesterday behind 1969.  It's at least noteworthy but yeah, like something happening at Pinkham Notch or MWN, not relevant to many folks.

IMG_2532.JPG.bc97e2ce5fdcc7a129f165e7d8d827fc.JPG

• Like 1

Just now, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Synoptically is there room for significant improvement 

Yeah we don't need much improvement from that run to be a siggy snow event. Need the bombing to start just a little earlier. I posted above getting that lakes energy injected a tad earlier will crash the column. 

1 minute ago, ORH_wxman said:

Yeah we don't need much improvement from that run to be a siggy snow event. Need the bombing to start just a little earlier. I posted above getting that lakes energy injected a tad earlier will crash the column. 

978 by cape ....geezus 

Just now, CoastalWx said:

Whining Runaway ftw? 

He's taking lessons from Tblizz....lmao.   If we can get that going, I mean just a tad earlier I think we'd all be in business.