• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Central PA Feb/March 2019 Disco: More Snow In Our Future?

10 minutes ago, bubbler86 said:

Here is the NAM snowfall map for tonight...whether you like snowfall maps or not it is pretty representative of reality for this predict as the taint line is very small...it is mostly rain or snow.  @Voyager is hopefully not flying home today. 

image.png.0d3a7e69d81606327f46308416c5c8f9.png

Nope. Tomorrow. I get back to PA about 7pm.

22 minutes ago, bubbler86 said:

The NAM snow maps are going to be close to a HECS I am guessing.  It is a monster in both intensity and length.  This map is 10 hours into the storm!

image.thumb.png.3d7fdcd3e91f0a9af1b1df2feac2eb92.png

Which storm is that? So many storms back to back I can't tell which one you guys are talking about...lol

If it's the Sunday/Monday storm, what are the estimated start and end times? I'm supposed to do a Philly Flower Show trip on Monday, and I'm not looking forward to driving in that mess after spending a week here in Phoenix. I hope the trip cancels.

Well the map is a bit under done in my opinion.  Sometiems snow fall maps are over stated well this one is understated. If we get 10 hours of moderate snow with some bursts over 1" an hour I would expect 12"+ but the maps is more of an 6-10" so not a Hecs.   This is for Sunday only.  Column stays cold enough for snow through all of PA, except Philly, most of the storm. 

image.thumb.png.d37b542f604f70bbd8191573f14ca181.png

47 minutes ago, Voyager said:

Which storm is that? So many storms back to back I can't tell which one you guys are talking about...lol

If it's the Sunday/Monday storm, what are the estimated start and end times? I'm supposed to do a Philly Flower Show trip on Monday, and I'm not looking forward to driving in that mess after spending a week here in Phoenix. I hope the trip cancels.

This is wave 3.  Nam suggests start time around Noon Sunday and running until around Midnight Monday Am so around 12 hours.. 

3 minutes ago, canderson said:

Tomorrow morning we're meeting some friends for breakfast at Lancaster Central Market. I"m fully expecting to see first-hand a severe gradient from Harrisburg to Lancaster. 

Wife and I will be heading downtown as well...fully expect to see a gradient between my house and Lancaster. 

Just now, bubbler86 said:

This is wave 3.  Nam suggests start time around Noon Sunday and running until around Midnight Monday Am so around 12 hours.. 

Things are just moving along so fast in this flow right now...a couple of days ago this was a Monday deal, then Sunday night into Monday morning, and by Sunday it will be arriving at dawn and done by dusk at this rate...

• Haha 1

Just now, Itstrainingtime said:

Things are just moving along so fast in this flow right now...a couple of days ago this was a Monday deal, then Sunday night into Monday morning, and by Sunday it will be arriving at dawn and done by dusk at this rate...

Yea, I keep calling it the Monday storm to people off line but I am way off with that statement.   Good we will get to see the snow during daytime but less chance of the roads "caving" fully if rates are not enough. 

Yea, I keep calling it the Monday storm to people off line but I am way off with that statement.   Good we will get to see the snow during daytime but less chance of the roads "caving" fully if rates are not enough. 

I need this completely out of here and New England by Monday afternoon.

Have a flight to BOS Monday afternoon.