• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    WesL
    Newest Member
    WesL

Central PA Feb/March 2019 Disco: More Snow In Our Future?

15 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Which will be the first town in the LSV to 80 today.  Glad to say my house is lagging behind after several days of being the hot plate of the area.  Dover is 74 right now,  Columbia 73, Middletown 71. 

I literally just drove through Columbia on my way home from work and I had 75 in town at one point. Currently sitting at 72.2 at home. 

Just hit 70.0 for the first time this year.  At least the dew point is a comfortable 52 and there's a nice breeze.  Got my windows opened.  I can think of a lot worse conditions than this.

51 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

I literally just drove through Columbia on my way home from work and I had 75 in town at one point. Currently sitting at 72.2 at home. 

77 just south of Carlisle at Boiling Springs and 79 just south of Millersville are the two highest temps I see right now.  These are unoffical of course but as long as they are not more than 2-3 degrees higher than their neighbors I think they are fairly legit. 

32 minutes ago, CarlislePaWx said:

Well at 4:00 it's up to 76.6 outside and 78.3 inside.  I have caved and turned on my A/C ...lol.  Anything over 76 and it's too hot for indoor temps.

I turned on our AC as well. On the bright side it's better than last year when I turned it on in February.

2 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

Some hail in the storm moving out of Carroll county MD into PA now. 

Someone will try to add that to their yearly snow totals.  80 degrees and hailing on March 15th.  Sheesh.

Where did this come from?!?!? Easily the worst storm here in recent memory...hail bigger than pea size along with blinding wind and rain. Literally could not see more than 50'. This was NOT forecast that I saw. Lightning and thunder but nothing super close. Winds were probably 30-40mph so sub-severe but still a very impressive event.

Edit: Picked up nearly .5" of rain in 12 minutes. 

14 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Where did this come from?!?!? Easily the worst storm here in recent memory...hail bigger than pea size along with blinding wind and rain. Literally could not see more than 50'. This was NOT forecast that I saw. Lightning and thunder but nothing super close. Winds were probably 30-40mph so sub-severe but still a very impressive event.

Yep, hail here as well.  Maybe half a dozen lightning strikes.

1 hour ago, psuhoffman said:

Some hail in the storm moving out of Carroll county MD into PA now. 

Please post here more often!

The Mid Atlantic thread is tough to read unless you, @showmethesnow & @Bob ChiII are posting. Today in particular that long range thread was brutal. Normally I enjoy scrolling through it each day, but lately the bad posts have been out numbering the good.

We have a good group here & many are from southern PA, so our climo is similar to yours. 

Hopefully we get to score some more snow before we are done for good this season!

40 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Wow ! CTP has no headlines for this !

We are in NYC and it was 74 and people are wearing winter f’n coats. 

I’m sweating. 

That line that went through MDT looked impressive on RadarScope. Wonder if it holds it together here - night hot right when our show lets out around 10:20. 

12 hours ago, pasnownut said:

Its march and were already humid....

looks for something to throw.........................

absolutely HATE humidity.  

How's the booze evaporating in this heat & humidity?  :lol:

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Bubbler86 said:

12Z GFS is getting serious about Sunday Night. 

image.png.e37c708585edb25657f2b0971ec47e9c.png

The 18z GFS continued to target southern PA with the late Sunday night, early Monday am Clipper. I will take 1 to 3 more inches of snow please!

C4D27387-70A9-400E-BD16-C73842EE811C.png

96C8EF59-D3E1-4DA8-913F-5AD02C9A6427.png

43 minutes ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

The 18z GFS continued to target southern PA with the late Sunday night, early Monday am Clipper. I will take 1 to 3 more inches of snow please!

Wish the Nam would catch on.  

13 hours ago, Superstorm said:

Hail is easy this time of year.

Nice line of storms rolling through.

Agree that it is easy, was just saying there was no mention of it from local outlets.

Feels like a refreshing fall morning out there now.

29 minutes ago, MAG5035 said:

Light dusting of snow and flakes flying around this morning after cracking 70+ the last couple days. March, lol. 

Nice !

The last few days were nice, but it’s good to see winter not giving up yet. We have 7 warm months coming up. 

Let it snow while it can !