• Member Statistics

    15,777
    Total Members
    7,904
    Most Online
    mansour
    Newest Member
    mansour
    Joined
Sign in to follow this  
WxUSAF

February 10-12, 2019 Storm

Recommended Posts

Snow falling at Sideling Hill between Cumberland and Hancock.  Same with eastern Washington County.  Not quite in the lower elevations yet. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

1.) I’m very happy to hear your son is doing better. 

2.) I read your posts & many other good posters in here every day.  Thank you for your daily contributions to this forum!

3.) I am from the Harrisburg, PA area & I never post in here. I enjoy the good read each day, but I realize that I should just do my posting in my home Central PA forum.

4.) @Ruin please let these good folks alone & come post in the Central PA forum. We could actually use more posters up here if you want to contribute.

Sorry I learned in geography class we are in the mid Atlantic so yeah from what i was taught and every thing i know i was posting in the right area.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Snowlvr said:

After going over all the  guidance and soundings 4-8 is by far not out of the question for Carroll, Northern balt, Harford and Cecil. South of there a very quick drop 

This threat is getting no attention because the DC burbs gang already got a surprise MECS and they are shafted on this one, per the models at least.

100% chance that Clarksburg will get nailed and we will see pics via the webcam while das is in VT.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Ruin said:

Sorry I learned in geography class we are in the mid Atlantic so yeah from what i was taught and every thing i know i was posting in the right area.

 

Our forum in Central PA has several posters from the Harrisburg, York, & Lancaster area. Just about all of the Mid Atlantic posters are from MD,DC & VA.

Please learn how it works here, or make better posts that add value here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

This threat is getting no attention because the DC burbs gang already got a surprise MECS and they are shafted on this one, per the models at least.

100% chance that Clarksburg will get nailed and we will see pics via the webcam while das is in VT.

No. I am happy the people that have been screwed so far are going to get this one. It is only fair.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

Our forum in Central PA has several posters from the Harrisburg, York, & Lancaster area. Just about all of the Mid Atlantic posters are from MD,DC & VA.

Please learn how it works here, or make better posts that add value here.

Yeah, it is not rocket science. 36.3 degrees here. Still nada, but looks to be a moisture slug headed here from the WSW arriving shortly. Fingers crossed.

image.png.d432c8fbd24dd75981ed65cbaff015d4.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If this one overperforms I think 18/19 will go down as the year of the overperformer.

Seeing as it's the year of the pig, maybe that would be Overpigformer?

Oinkerperformer?

Ok, ok, I'm done. 

 

 

 

Overporkfarmer?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, DSF said:

If this one overperforms I think 18/19 will go down as the year of the overperformer.

Seeing as it's the year of the pig, maybe that would be Overpigformer?

Oinkerperformer?

Ok, ok, I'm done. 

 

 

 

Overporkfarmer?

What a ham!

 

I am going to dream that the pretty greens on the 12K NAM snow maps are really happening!  And that is no bacon!!

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, North Balti Zen said:

You, sir, rule.

To be fair I do think it's on the high end of our possibilities. 1-3" is probably a more realistic expectation. But if a Baltimore deathband strikes, then you never know....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Ruin said:

Sorry I learned in geography class we are in the mid Atlantic so yeah from what i was taught and every thing i know i was posting in the right area.

 

there’s literally a forum that says “Pennsylvania”. this forum literally does not say “Pennsylvania”.

do yourself a favor and go to your correct forum.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, DSF said:

If this one overperforms I think 18/19 will go down as the year of the overperformer.

Seeing as it's the year of the pig, maybe that would be Overpigformer?

Oinkerperformer?

Ok, ok, I'm done. 

 

 

 

Overporkfarmer?

 

2 minutes ago, gopper said:

What a ham!

 

I am going to dream that the pretty greens on the 12K NAM snow maps are really happening!  And that is no bacon!!

What is happening? 

I think the HRRR better reflects current thermals right now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, DSF said:

If this one overperforms I think 18/19 will go down as the year of the overperformer.

Seeing as it's the year of the pig, maybe that would be Overpigformer?

Oinkerperformer?

Ok, ok, I'm done. 

 

 

 

Overporkfarmer?

overperformer is pretty debatable this year up to this point.  yes, we have overperformed on a few events that we knew would be snow to some degree (nov/jan/the clipper), but we've left a lot of precip on the table as well.  take away that jan storm and this winter is a legendary underperformer when compared to the expectations going in.  but this is also why this winter can't be graded until its completed.  if it ended as-is, it's a C+ for me (with a lot of weight placed on the jan storm), but 1-2 more decent snows can bring totals above normal in a number of spots.  long story short, the final grade on this winter is TBD.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, 87storms said:

overperformer is pretty debatable this year up to this point.  yes, we have overperformed on a few events that we knew would be snow to some degree (nov/jan/the clipper), but we've left a lot of precip on the table as well.  take away that jan storm and this winter is a legendary underperformer when compared to the expectations going in.  but this is also why this winter can't be graded until its completed.  if it ended as-is, it's a C+ for me (with a lot of weight placed on the jan storm), but 1-2 more decent snows can bring totals above normal in a number of spots.  long story short, the final grade on this winter is TBD.

Yeah fair points.

Really what I meant is that a number of events that looked like they would amount to almost nothing actually gave people measureable snow/white roads etc.

Edit: And it's very location dependent...some people got fringed repeatedly.

 

When you get right down to it, I really just wanted to make a pig pun.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, 87storms said:

overperformer is pretty debatable this year up to this point.  yes, we have overperformed on a few events that we knew would be snow to some degree (nov/jan/the clipper), but we've left a lot of precip on the table as well.  take away that jan storm and this winter is a legendary underperformer when compared to the expectations going in.  but this is also why this winter can't be graded until its completed.  if it ended as-is, it's a C+ for me (with a lot of weight placed on the jan storm), but 1-2 more decent snows can bring totals above normal in a number of spots.  long story short, the final grade on this winter is TBD.

This is one of those winters in which the events overperform, but there haven't been a whole lot of events themselves.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, EastCoast NPZ said:

This winter is a solid D for me at this point.  Still could change by the end, but it's looking like this event is not going to help that grade.

If I can manage an inch of frozen here tonight I would probably move my current grade from D- to solid D. :P

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, DSF said:

Yeah fair points.

Really what I meant is that a number of events that looked like they would amount to almost nothing actually gave people measureable snow/white roads etc.

Edit: And it's very location dependent...some people got fringed repeatedly.

 

When you get right down to it, I really just wanted to make a pig pun.

true, and i'd be lying if i said i don't like how the radar looks for round 1 even down towards the cities.  would be kinda funny if we overperform on this initial batch.  i think in general we've overperformed on precip for the last 6-9 months, so i don't see why this one won't do the same barring temps.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Expecting to get fringed here. Every model showing a lot more snow along the MD line than along i70.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

This threat is getting no attention because the DC burbs gang already got a surprise MECS and they are shafted on this one, per the models at least.

100% chance that Clarksburg will get nailed and we will see pics via the webcam while das is in VT.

That was not even a SECS.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.