• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Raifu
    Newest Member
    Raifu

February Banter 2019

4 minutes ago, wxdude64 said:

Back in my 'drinking days' (16-21, geesh that was a long time ago) whenever I had a couple PBR's I'd wake the next morning with the killer pounding headache. Nothing else EVER did that to me, beer, wine, whiskey, pure grain...all good, PBR's, bad.

I had to work to get hung over when I was (not that much) younger. Now, I can't do more than two light beers without getting ill. I don't even bother getting close to the line today. 

Just now, supernovasky said:

We wrote comments for each beer. A selection of the comments from the Heineken blind taste test:

- Tastes like a literal garbage can.

- I want to gag.

- This is the worst beer.

:lol: that's great

8 minutes ago, wxdude64 said:

Wait...what?

Sorry got confused while i was looking at the models and Ji’s hour 57 comment inspired me. 

15 minutes ago, supernovasky said:

We wrote comments for each beer. A selection of the comments from the Heineken blind taste test:

- I want to gag.

skunk

tea is my coffee.  i'm in the "i don't like coffee" group...im also in the "i don't care too much for beer group" as well, especially ipa's.  can't stand the bitterness.  there are some beers i like...i find lagers and porters to be in my zone.  anything too hoppy, though, is just not for me.  

and after all the different bourbons i've tried in the last couple years, i still don't like scotch.

20 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

skunk

It probably was, but since then, every time I drink Heineken (which is, admittedly, rare), I taste the flavors from that taste test.

Fav beer for the last 4-5 years has been Weihenstephaner Vitus. Another excellent brew is Lexington Brewing Co. Kentucky Bourbon Barrel Ale. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, DCTeacherman said:

Yessir, whereever that heavy band sets up is gonna be fun. 

9A17A862-D764-4FA3-A612-D4779843D5AA.png

Moved this here out of respect to storm mode, but suspect some others may be interested...

Care to provide the link to the soundings app.  Also, is there an easy to read tutorial on the soundings chart with some examples.  Understand the warm nose concept etc, but would be great to see some examples of where the profile represents "normal" snow, heavy snow, sleet, freezing rain etc...   

Thanks

11 minutes ago, supernovasky said:

It probably was, but since then, every time I drink Heineken (which is, admittedly, rare), I taste the flavors from that taste test.

No I mean literally that's what it reminded me of, even when it wasn't "skunked". Just gross stuff.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

Yeah, Heineken is pretty much the worst mainstream beer out there. Such a lingering aftertaste too. Definitely a collection of perfumes and chemicals to approximate beer versus a beer itself.

Fully agree - Heineken here is a much different taste than in Europe.  Still, even the European version w/o all the additives is blah.  Especially with so many alternatives in Europe to pick from.  Never understood the appeal other than they have a strong marketing department. 

8 minutes ago, snowfan said:

Fav beer for the last 4-5 years has been Weihenstephaner Vitus. Another excellent brew is Lexington Brewing Co. Kentucky Bourbon Barrel Ale. 

Too many good beers to have a favorite for me. Overall I like the high gravity stuff, so Imperial stouts and IPAs.

Been on a DFH 120 min IPA kick lately.

2 hours ago, stormtracker said:

Well see, that was your first mistake.  Coffee with ice is the devil.   I never used to drink it either...but I find it a solution to me hating the world in the morning.  I was never a morning person.

I drink OJ in the morning.  Never really need a kick to get going.  Guess I got used to getting up and getting going working construction to get through college.  Working with power tools gets your attention.  

The ice coffee that I succumbed to 2x was from a wood vender in Japan.  The wife of the owner brought us ice coffee when we placed a big order.  (you wouldn't have believed this place - it was right out of some history novel).  She was about 150 years old and I didn't want to offend her, so I gulped it down in one nauseating swig.  Was all I could do to keep up upchucking it.  When we went back to pickup the order a week later she brought us more.  That was the last time anything resembling coffee entered my digestion system.  Don't even like coffee tasting chocolate etc.  But to those consignors like yourself, enjoy.  

1 hour ago, supernovasky said:

My friends and I did a blind cheap beer taste test, 10 beers, back in the day.

Had a bartender pour in 4 cups.

Unanimously the top cheap beer was PBR. The worst was surprisingly Heineken.

hahah PBR...  right up there with Iron City, Hudepohl, and old dog light (Old Milwaukee Light).  The combination brings back memories of college - at least the parts I remember when not in a drunken stupor.  Then moving to Germany 3 years after college brought an awaking to what REAL bier is all about...   never forget my first real Pils...   was a spiritual event.  

1 hour ago, supernovasky said:

- I want to gag.

Well said!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Lowershoresadness said:

hey Schaefer has been turning 3's into 8's since 1973

:yikes:

9 minutes ago, Lowershoresadness said:

hey Schaefer has been turning 3's into 8's since 1973

It's the one beer to have when you're having more than one. Maybe that's why.

11 minutes ago, Rvarookie said:

My go to for this time of year is always founders breakfast stout. 

Thats a good one. Pretty much everything Founders makes is good stuff.

Just now, Jandurin said:

heineken is pretty good if you're in the mood for the flavor of body odor

armpit & ass

I guess its a thing, but yeah not in beer.

• Haha 1

heineken doesn't taste bad to me at all.  if anything, it just doesn't taste like a true beer.  it's light.

scotch, however, tastes like a bad euro run.

I'll keep an eye out for it, but I don't actually have access. I lift it off other forums when it's posted (typically the NE forum) and since they aren't that interested in this storm I haven't been able to find it.

17 minutes ago, DDweatherman said:

Can someone get us access to the UK snow map? I know flawed algorithm, but I want to see the orientation of the shield. 

Don't you have it? @NorthArlington101

Agree Heineken is pretty terrible.  It feels like you haven’t brushed your teeth in four days after drinking it with the horrible beer breath.  My go to for events is the Dogfish 60 Minute. 

• Haha 1