• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Upstate/Eastern New York

26 minutes ago, TugHillMatt said:

Point and click definitely went higher here. Over 2 feet expected....Hopefully!

There's no caveat's with this one Matt, lol, your gonna get what you moved there for so enjoy yourself and take lot of pics, hunker down cause your not going anywhere when this band settles over you!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Not bad:

CITY           SKY/WX    TMP DP  RH WIND       PRES   REMARKS
NIAGARA FALLS  FAIR       1 -11  57 W28G37    29.97R WCI -24
BUFFALO        HVY SNOW  -1  -7  75 W17G26    29.96R VSB 1/8 WCI -22
DUNKIRK        SNOW      -2  -5  87 SW25G32   30.02R VSB 1/4 WCI -27
JAMESTOWN      CLOUDY    -5 -18  53 SW29G35   29.92R HAZE    WCI -32
WELLSVILLE     MIX PCPN  -6 -19  53 W20G32    29.85R WCI -30
ROCHESTER      HVY SNOW   2  -2  83 W31G39    29.95R VSB 1/4 WCI -24
PENN YAN       PTSUNNY    3 -13  47 W36G46    29.90R HAZE    WCI -23

14 minutes ago, vortmax said:

ROC Airport...

airport_00329.jpg?1548878602

Yup. They just closed the 390 at the airport. About 10 years ago they built a runway overrun right next to 390. What they actually built was the ultimate whiteout machine. Snow blows down the length of the runways then hits the dead air at the end and just piles up on 390. This is the location of a 100 car pile up a few years ago.   Horrific engineering. 

25 minutes ago, WesterlyWx said:

We shall see because the light snow has already stopped here again as you can see signs of that northern band moving back north again but the southern band looks stationary so we should be getting back into our snow hole again for a while. 

Sure did...stopped snowing here for about 30 minutes, sun even came out...now heavy snow again as the northern "rogue" band is locked over Amherst/Williamsville/Clarence.

6 minutes ago, Thinksnow18 said:

Sure did...stopped snowing here for about 30 minutes, sun even came out...now heavy snow again as the northern "rogue" band is locked over Amherst/Williamsville/Clarence.

Yeah, it’s back up here. Not as heavy as earlier but still 1/2 in per hour stuff

1 hour ago, CNY-WXFREAK said:

There's no caveat's with this one Matt, lol, your gonna get what you moved there for so enjoy yourself and take lot of pics, hunker down cause your not going anywhere when this band settles over you!

Thanks, bud. It's not like I go many places when there isn't snow. No malls around here...lol...and that is fine by me!

I know it pales in comparison to what's going on in WNY and CNY, but an impressive squall line just moved through here.  Maybe 10 minutes of pure whiteout conditions.  I'll take what I can get, and live vicariously through WNY until the next synoptic system heads my way :snowwindow:

Just read the blizzard warning for Northern Erie County raised the new snow amount from 5 to 10 inches to 10 to 20 more and it does not say southern portions of northern Erie like it normally does. This is now officially an epic storm for the Northtowns...its been far too long. Going to enjoy...plus also been updated that the LES will continue through Friday morning. 

27 minutes ago, rochesterdave said:

Tim can officially say he told us so

No way man.  I will not budge an inch on this debate.  We havent even gotten a half inch of snow. 

If Tim had said winds would create ground blizzards I would give him credit but we all expected to having blowing and drifting concerns with the antecedent conditons..  But as for new snow it has been minimal at best.