• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Upstate/Eastern New York

Hey CNYwx, you have a Ford F250 or something that size, o r a nice Subaru, lol, to head up North in?  Heck we're about 45 minutes from what can be one of the biggest events in somer time WOOWzers!  I'm ready any time you like.  You too Bri, I just don't have the wheels or else I'd go for sure!

4 minutes ago, CNY_WX said:

The band that was up in the thousand islands earlier s now getting swept off the lake with the arctic front. That’s what you were in the middle of. 

He has no clue what he's in store for and I love it as KWRT hasn't been in a band yet, and if conditions are what they are already, I can only imagine what rt11's gonna look like at around 8 this evening, lol!  

• Like 1

You can really see the areas that are still open on the west end of Lake Erie right now that are the main sources for the initial LE clouds near/north of Kelleys Island and Put-in-Bay. It's hard to say for sure but it looks like the north end of Erie by Long Point is also almost fully open which is why we have the double band structure right now, and even 250/260ish winds could keep that secondary band in BUF for a while longer, if it can manage to hold together. 

2 minutes ago, vortmax said:

https://www2.monroecounty.gov/airport-camviewer.php?1548870705

Looks like more than flurries at the airport.

Ok, fine its light snow with 4 mile visibility.  And less than an eighth of an inch accumulation since yesterday.  Just saying we won't and don't get 6 inch amounts as some posters implied......

That said, the wind is doing work in regards to lowering visibility.  Far more than the snow coming down is

Biggest but in my lifetime in West Seneca. Just went out and measured 5.1” total snowfall for the event. Literally not a single flake falling and sun is shining through the clouds. 5 miles away. Over a foot, snowing 3” an hour, total blizzard conditions. It is literally a beautiful day outside here. It’s absolutely unreal. 

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, DeltaT13 said:

Ok, fine its light snow with 4 mile visibility.  And less than an eighth of an inch accumulation since yesterday.  Just saying we won't and don't get 6 inch amounts as some posters implied......

That said, the wind is doing work in regards to lowering visibility.  Far more than the snow coming down is

I'm trying to figure out why cause when there's such an intense band off of LO that band can sometimes hit VT, lol??

Just now, WesterlyWx said:

Biggest but in my lifetime in West Seneca. Just went out and measured 5.1” total snowfall for the event. Literally not a single flake falling and sun is shining through the clouds. 5 miles away. Over a foot, snowing 3” an hour, total blizzard conditions. It is literally a beautiful day outside here. It’s absolutely unreal. 

I was just noticing that horrific hole West Seneca is in right between bands.  Thats brutal man.  I can't imagine being that close.  You should at least be out chasing.  

Just now, CNY-WXFREAK said:

I'm trying to figure out why cause when there's such an intense band off of LO that band can sometimes hit VT, lol??

I've always wondered this and the best I can come up with is that elevation change that I posted yesterday.  Looking at proximity alone, you would think Rochester could get rocked by that band, but as soon as it leaves Gene-see county is just evaporates.  It's brutal but I've come to terms with it a long time ago and never get my hopes up anymore.  I just know it won't happen.  

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, DeltaT13 said:

I was just noticing that horrific hole West Seneca is in right between bands.  Thats brutal man.  I can't imagine being that close.  You should at least be out chasing.  

I can’t because there is a state of emergency and a travel ban all around me. If I’m on the road I will be ticketed. My work in Hamburg closed early and now I’m stuck at home in sunshine in West Seneca with a state of emergency all around me with sunshine here. 

This is unreal. 

I can’t because there is a state of emergency and a travel ban all around me. If I’m on the road I will be ticketed. My work in Hamburg closed early and now I’m stuck at home in sunshine in West Seneca with a state of emergency all around me with sunshine here. 

You just drive through that shit and play dumb man if you get pulled over.  Have a good story about coming home from work and having no other option. 

Worth the ticket, plus those guys have WAY more important things to do than chase around a passenger car.  

Just now, TugHillMatt said:

Better enjoy the snow get before we flip the page into April next week! 3 rainy systems in a row to once again, melt whatever great snow pack you get.

Something About this winter. Just urgh. Lol

Three days or rain chances and temps in the 40's for the high peaks next week.  You can't make this shit up.  I'm just going into it like its a spring skiing trip. 

Soul crushing though.  Been planning this trip since August, we have a crew of 20 people.....boooooo

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, WxWatcher007 said:

Can’t wait.

Back to lighter snow here as that band pushed through.

Have you chased before?  If not, your in for a great experience so enjoy and be safe if you venture out in it and most of all make sure you have an emergency Winter kit with you as well cause its going to get down-right dangerous to be outdoors after nightfall unless ur in a lit up area.  Can't imagine driving on Rt81 thats for damn sure!

Just now, DeltaT13 said:

Three days or rain chances and temps in the 40's for the high peaks next week.  You can't make this shit up.  I'm just going into it like its a spring skiing trip. 

Soul crushing though.  Been planning this trip since August, we have a crew of 20 people.....boooooo

Man...sure won't have that awesome mid winter feel and look for skiing. That's gotta be a bummer.

3 minutes ago, DeltaT13 said:

I've always wondered this and the best I can come up with is that elevation change that I posted yesterday.  Looking at proximity alone, you would think Rochester could get rocked by that band, but as soon as it leaves Gene-see county is just evaporates.  It's brutal but I've come to terms with it a long time ago and never get my hopes up anymore.  I just know it won't happen.  

Yeah, so have I!  I know a WNW band will never hit me and stay over me as its either a true WNW and its just to my North, and its a little too far NW and it heads for KSYR, so it sucks but it is what it is I suppose!

I hope it goes to 50 degrees and stays that way for the rest of winter. Was a great 10 day stretch, besides that nothing but awful. Spring can’t come soon enough. 

I agree wholeheartedly brutha, and looking at the EURO, it'll be damn near close to that come Tuesday of next week, lol!

• Like 1