Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
February 2019 General Discussion and Observation Thread

Stormlover74

1 minute ago, NYCweatherNOW said:

I know me neither but come on winter isn’t over. There’ll be plenty of snow chances it’s february 2nd for Pete’s sake. Models are good for 5 days tops. Let’s see what they sort out today! I mean it can’t be over I’m jumping! :cliff:

Winter isn't over and yes it can still snow but the guidance looks terrible . Can it change ? Sure and let's hope it does.

1 minute ago, psv88 said:

Yea, central NJ and LI see 2-3”, maybe NW sees 6”, including sleet, at a 10:1 ratio. Not a blockbuster pattern

lets make one thing clear - I am not saying these maps are correct - but they are considered guidance and that's what this discussion is all about - even the euro had some accumulation over the next 10 days

2 minutes ago, NutleyBlizzard said:

I looked into the Boston annual snowfall archives that goes back into 1920. If Boston receives no more snow this season, it would be an all time record low by far.

I tend too doubt that will be the case

1 minute ago, SnowGoose69 said:

It still meanders long enough in the circle where it could still 180 on us and try to turn back towards 5 or 6.  I would say it’s another 5/7 days til we know for sure 

Are you saying that in about a weeks time we should have a much better idea of Mid February thru mid March?

Based on the Rimm plot(?)going into 8/1/2?

Just now, kat5hurricane said:

Team Torch seems to be having a good old time with the developments of this "winter".  You guys are in all your glory with this ratter, eh?

Honestly, I'm ready for Spring. Going to Tampa for a week in early March (when it'll probably snow here) and I'm already there mentally. 

I want to say it was 1989 when I went to Tampa in March and there was a decent snow storm in NYC.  I think Queens and Western LI saw alot more while NYC only got maybe 2-3.  Could have been 1988 actually