Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Winter Begins Jan 20th AWT

40/70 Benchmark

32 minutes ago, dryslot said:

Yeah, Back out to the east again, Waiting for the huggers to come in to verify this is where its going.............lol

31 minutes ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

Sign me up for that

:lol:

J/K I know you aren't a hugger BZ.  I just thought the timing was funny.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Bostonseminole said:

what? 1-3?  seems very low unless the BL torches

Yeah with the qpf numbers being shown on most globals (even if they are overdone as others have mentioned), it looks like at least the BL will be below freezing for BOS even if it does come back amped up. Thinking good thump and a lot of sleet as of right now 

Just now, BombsAway1288 said:

Yeah with the qpf numbers being shown on most globals (even if they are overdone as others have mentioned), it looks like at least the BL will be below freezing for BOS even if it does come back amped up. Thinking good thump and a lot of sleet as of right now 

The BL isn't my concern. Could be a ton of mixing and sleet that will really limit amounts right at Logan.

5 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Right at Logan would argue you think BL is a concern? Sleet is independent of how close to the coast your are.

Yeah, if the mid-levels are going to torch at Logan they’re going to torch in a lot of surrounding areas. This isn’t the usual marginal temperature issue/having trouble accumulating at the coast type of storm

6 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Right at Logan would argue you think BL is a concern? Sleet is independent of how close to the coast your are.

The time period when Logan would actually accum at the beginning of the storm. I'm concerned that could be more sleet than snow. Those mid levels are torch central despite lower levels being supportive of a wet paste before switch to rain

5 minutes ago, sbos_wx said:

The time period when Logan would actually accum at the beginning of the storm. I'm concerned that could be more sleet than snow. Those mid levels are torch central despite lower levels being supportive of a wet paste before switch to rain

The warmest model today (GFS) gives BOS 3-6+

51 minutes ago, sbos_wx said:

There's a massive lack of consensus here. Low confidence in any particular model. Taking a peek at the overall look, I'd have 1-3" at BOS for now, with small chances of reaching 3-6" territory. We'd need massive changes, Miami Dolphins style miracle, for anything different.  

1-3" for Boston is too light.