Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Winter Begins Jan 20th AWT

40/70 Benchmark

Just now, wxeyeNH said:

More storminess later next week too.  The AMWX server is going to be put to test this weekend.  Remember everyone there is a facebook page if it goes down.

Wonder if this south trend is not finished and C/NNE start getting shafted a bit?  

It only goes down if DC is involved.

• Like 1

Just now, wxeyeNH said:

More storminess later next week too.  The AMWX server is going to be put to test this weekend.  Remember everyone there is a facebook page if it goes down.

Wonder if this south trend is not finished and C/NNE start getting shafted a bit?  

May have ticked 20 mi from 0z which is basically noise up here.

The Euro run really is the best of all probabilities... 

The southern stream is allowed to propagate along uncompressed .. or not attenuating from that particular mitigating factor as much .. . it's almost like the flow just cleaved open temporarily just enough to make room for it.  eerie

Then, right as it is nearing 80 W the N stream suddenly jabs into the backside and the full bird dose of roids into this sucker is on.   Right as it is moving passed LI...too.  I tell you what, this could be an underdone surface pressure response ... if that's really all going to take place that way. 

I cannot help but remain skeptical of that degree of stream interaction accuracy amid high velocity flows ... I think it would be foolish to count on that ... even though I keep getting flogged over the head with that idea by ever third or so model cycle. 

2 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Not a surprise after we saw the OP run, but the EPS mean is south of the 06z run through 72h.

There’s a small part of me worried this thing could really flatten and go to crap but I’m more leaning towards it bouncing back north inside 60-72 somewhat.  The DCA event did and even the small Friday event has pushed north now the last two model cycles though nobody is really paying attention 

1 minute ago, Typhoon Tip said:

The Euro run really is the best of all probabilities... 

The southern stream is allowed to propagate along uncompressed .. or not attenuating from that particular mitigating factor as much .. . it's almost like the flow just cleaved open temporarily just enough to make room for it.  eerie

Then, right as it is nearing 80 W the N stream suddenly jabs into the backside and the full bird dose of roids into this sucker is on.   Right as it is moving passed LI...too.  I tell you what, this could be an underdone surface pressure response ... if that's really all going to take place that way. 

I cannot help but remain skeptical of that degree of stream interaction accuracy amid high velocity flows ... I think it would be foolish to count on that ... even though I keep getting flogged over the head with that idea by ever third or so model cycle. 

In your defense...we've already lost the big phasing scenarios where the sfc low cutting into ROC or even ALB (as unrealistc as ALB was...it was trying to put the sfc low there at least in part because o those more phased scenarios).....

I thought the larger phased scenarios were unlikely as well for the reasons you outlined.

2 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Not a surprise after we saw the OP run, but the EPS mean is south of the 06z run through 72h.

Following the classic trend it seems of showing a solution at Day 7-10, losing it a bit (going north in this case) in the medium range, then honing back in on the original long range outlook in the shorter range.

1 minute ago, ORH_wxman said:

In your defense...we've already lost the big phasing scenarios where the sfc low cutting into ROC or even ALB (as unrealistc as ALB was...it was trying to put the sfc low there at least in part because o those more phased scenarios).....

I thought the larger phased scenarios were unlikely as well for the reasons you outlined.

Yeah... but it's doing it here... just a different detailed avenue in how it gets it down.. But clearly at 96 hours the N/stream is crashing the party over Michigan which ... heh, hate to f'n say - that's usual where/when subsuming tends to show up at the party for these...  It's like a high velocity 1978 thing... weird - 

Just now, CT Rain said:

The op Euro would be a hideous ice storm around NYC/NJ I think 

Which rarely if ever occurs.  Doesn’t mean it can’t happen but I would lean towards it being more sleet or just going to rain faster.  That’s what happens 95 out of 100 times here.  A severe ice storm is about a once in 20-30 year event for the NYC metro and Long Island 

Just now, SnowGoose69 said:

Which rarely if ever occurs.  Doesn’t mean it can’t happen but I would lean towards it being more sleet or just going to rain faster.  That’s what happens 95 out of 100 times here.  A severe ice storm is about a once in 20-30 year event for the NYC metro and Long Island 

I didn't say LI for a reason. But it has that look for parts of NYC (bronx/manhattan) and west into NJ

Just now, SnowGoose69 said:

When was the last epic ice storm in NYC? 1994? 25 years....about due for another. Jan 1978 had one too.

• Like 1