Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Winter Begins Jan 20th AWT

40/70 Benchmark

15 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

First Call:

https://easternmassweather.blogspot.com/2019/01/high-impact-winter-storm-on-sunday.html

Final live from GTG on Saturday.

I see blizzard potential with some n stream trends, but not ready to go there yet.

First Call.png

Thanks for the write-up, Ray.  Do you have a separate accumulation band in the north (where you just show snow) or are they captured in the 8-14"?

Good luck!

2 minutes ago, dendrite said:

1.50-2.00" of WCB QPF seems a bit excessive. Get those totals inside of 48hr and maybe I'll start buying it. Ditto that with the ratios. If we get consensus for good lift for a prolonged period in the DGZ then maybe I'll entertain something more than 12:1 for the event total. But in those euro 850-700mb max T in the profile maps Ray posted it even gets up to around -3C up here. So the mid-latter portion of the system will probably have lousier growth. We'll see over the next couple days though. Maybe this will be the exception to the rule.

Historically high precip events. We will see.

17 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

First Call:

https://easternmassweather.blogspot.com/2019/01/high-impact-winter-storm-on-sunday.html

Final live from GTG on Saturday.

I see blizzard potential with some n stream trends, but not ready to go there yet.

First Call.png

Very reasonable and  knowledgeably cautious.  Good warm up event for the next 8 weeks. 

I see that the backside shortwave in the eastern US trough is becoming better defined from prior runs, maybe it is just getting into our time frame that matters, but that shortwave could induce another coastal low or frontal low/coastal wave on the front as it looks to stall a bit as energy reinvigorates the frontal boundary as it sits off the coast.  At least this is what the 00z NAM shows me right now, again I would like to see other guidance show this first before I gain confidence in it, given that the NAM is in the 84-hour range right now, not exactly its focused hot spot.

Hey everyone, I'm a weather enthusiast and just joined this forum, This storm looks to be characterized more by high QPF amounts versus deep pressures and wind.

Which areas do you think will receive the highest QPF entirely in the form of snow?

• Like 1

Just now, tiger_deF said:

Hey everyone, I'm a weather enthusiast and just joined this forum, This storm looks to be characterized more by high QPF amounts versus deep pressures and wind.

Which areas do you think will receive the highest QPF entirely in the form of snow?

Dont know yet...ask again on Friday

1 minute ago, tiger_deF said:

Nice to meet you and welcome aboard.:lol:

2 minutes ago, tiger_deF said:

Welcome to the board.  You came at a great time!