• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January/February Medium/Long Range Disco

nj2va

The only thing I am taking away from the 12Z GFS is that we are going to have legit chances to track through the end of the month at least. The long range isnt that ugly either. This is workable. -AO, -NAO, big Southern stream storm and an Aleutian low. I will take my chances with this look in the long range.

500hv.na.png

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

We have 6 weeks before the calendar starts doing the dirtywork. Right now i only care about the rest of Jan. Getting totally blanked seems unlikely to me. 

Absolutely correct. Very good chance everyone in the entire forum sees snow cover the ground at least twice by superbowl weekend. Plenty winter left. I want the epic stretch as much as anyone but I'm quite pleased with the way things are progressing. I could care less about how the pac looks 14 days from now. In 2016 the ensembles crapped the bed on jan. 9th after looking solid for several days before.  Then 14 days later we had a hecs. Like I've said a few time already, this year is nothing like the previous two winters. Everyone will probably exceed clime when it's all said and done. 

• Like 7

Reading through the last few pages of this thread, you'd think the models showed rainstorm after rainstorm.  I just looked at the GFS myself and was pleasantly surprised to see plenty of snow opportunities.  Hard to imagine that we won't get a winter storm in the the next couple weeks.  I guess it's mainly that Pennsylvania guy that's giving this forum a negative vibe.  Let's just ignore him...I'm sure he lives a sad sad life and is looking for attention.  

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

We could go back to removing lots of crap posts that upsets people just as much.

Or you could do something about those handful of crap posters. 5-post them, or block them from this subforum. That should make these threads a lot more readable.

• Like 1

Too many people are always hunting for KU/HECS patterns. And yes we’ve been teased with some this winter on the weeklies and D10+ ensembles, but they are super rare for a reason. Most of our snow storms occur in patterns where a couple or few of the good indicators looks good and the rest are meh to bad. For our snow chances, the AO is easily the most important indicator. It looks negative for the foreseeable future during our prime climo. 

It’s mid January, I’m tired of talking pattern. Let’s just watch storm threats develop.

• Like 15

Just now, Ji said:
2 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:
It won't be a crawling miller a with this setup but i've seen far worse snow on us in Jan. Gefs shows multiple versions of a coastal in the same timeframe.

bMGF7Nj.png&key=07e745135e66f5da91d47971181ebff9976d09a73d268a9e9c6c88cc8cd25e57

It will prob fizzle out as it sees dc

It will be a few days before any type of consesus builds. Here's the gefs spread. Looks good enough.

8sP6WfX.png

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic